Druid Hills High School
Week at a Glance - August 28
CLG Meeting Wednesday During Planning
Meetings are at the following times and locations:
- 8:15 Band Room
- 9:50 505C
- 11:25 114A
- 1:40 508C
Here are the meeting dates:
- August 30
- September 27
- October 25
- November 15 *Change of date*
- December 13 *Holiday celebration*
- January 24
- February 28
- March 28
- No meeting in April
- Please make sure you have submitted either your website link or updated homework page to Ms. Rascoe so that it can be added to the DHHS website. You are expected to keep your website/homework page current. I will be checking at the end of the week (this task was on your Preplanning Task card and was due August 18).
- Lesson plans are due every Monday by 8am. Tomorrow marks the third lesson plan submission - please ensure you are current.
- TKES tasks that need to be completed at the end of this week include: Orientation, Self-Assessment, and either the Professional Learning Plan (teachers with Induction certificates or new to DCSD) or Professional Learning Goal Setting (all other teachers).
Unit 2 Pre-Assessments - Selected Teachers
As our District finalizes the transition to our new, online formative assessment platform (Illuminate), the pre and post assessments for Unit 2 of the new curriculum must be administered via paper/pencil. As you recall from the curriculum training, pre and post assessments are very short, containing a handful of questions to gauge student learning prior to teachers engaging in the new unit.
Teachers of the respective content areas will need to administer the assessments in a secured fashion. Once the assessments are graded, the score (percentage) must be entered into the appropriate grading category in Infinite Campus. Please note that at this time, the pre-assessment grading category does not carry a weighted grade nor does it affect a student’s average. The post assessment grading category does carry a weighted grade and impacts a student's average. The information should only be used to determine student readiness for the core components of Unit 2.
Courses with Pre-Assessment Include:
- English: 9th Grade Lit, World Lit, American Lit, British Lit
- Math: Coordinate Algebra, Analytic Geometry
- Science: Biology
- Social Studies: American Government, World History, US History, Economics
The Unit 2 Pre-Assessments should be completed according to the curriculum-at-a-glance documents (CAAGs), prior to students engaging in new content. Please contact Mr. Alexander with questions regarding the Pre-Assessment.
Georgia Milestone Information
In preparation for the 2017-2018 Georgia Milestones testing season and with the implementation of the Georgia Standards for Excellence (GSE) in science and social studies this school year (2017-2018), all Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) and End of Course (EOC) measures have been updated to align to the new content standards. The first administration of these GSE-aligned measures will occur during the Winter EOC administration.
We are pleased to announce that updated Georgia Milestones resources, aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE), are now available on the GaDOE Assessment webpage. Please review and retain these critical resources for all core content areas. These resources include the following:
Test Blueprints have been updated for all grades and content areas/courses. The blueprints for science and social studies reflect the reporting categories, content weights, and number of items/points recommended by committees of Georgia educators for the new assessment. The blueprints for other content areas have been updated to include the approximate number of points for each reporting category.
Assessment Guides have been updated for Grades 5 and 8, Biology, Physical Science, U.S. History, and Economics.
- EOC Assessment Guides: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Milestones-End-of-Course-Assessment-Guides.aspx
Study/Resource Guides have been updated for Grades 5 and 8, Biology, Physical Science, U.S. History, and Economics.
High Q Anyone?
PTSA Membership Drive
- Fall and Spring Staff Grants
- Staff meals during Pre-planning, Curriculum Nights, and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Cookie Day
- End of the Year Teacher Appreciation Party
- PTSA Teacher of Excellence Awards
- Programming focusing on college admissions, social media, anxiety, and other topics that need to be discussed
- Support in the Counseling Office (first week of school), College Fair, and Career Fair
- February's Party with a Purpose, a night of fun, food, and fellowship which raised $25,000 last year for DHHS staff and student needs
- Spirit Nights
Dues are only $10/year. Staff members who activate membership by the September 1 will be entered into a drawing for three gas cards.
Please visit the DHHS PTSA website to join.
PTSA Spring Grants
The Druid Hills High School PTSA invites staff members to submit requests for funding to support and enhance academics and arts, in the classroom and in school related extracurricular activities, for the 2017-18 school year. Through this grant program, the PTSA hopes to support excellence in academics, the visual arts and performing arts and to meet the needs of DHHS students, faculty, and staff that are not funded by the state, county, or federal government.
You may request items for use in your individual classroom, for shared use with colleagues, for your School sponsored extracurricular activities, or for general department use. We suggest requests between $100 and $1000, although there is not a firm lower or upper limit. The PTSA Board will review these requests, and we will notify faculty of award decisions no later than the beginning of November. By awarding funds early, we hope you will be able to put your award to use during the current school year. A second round of grants will also be awarded in the spring.
The application is attached. There is a FIRM deadline of October 14 - grants submitted after the deadline will be considered in the Spring.
From Mr. Roberts
Monday, August 28
Fall Map Assessment Testing thru 9/27
V Sball v Cedar Grove @ DHHS 5:30p (Joyner)
JV Vball v Columbia @ DHHS 5p
Tuesday, August 29
SAT Tutoring 3:30p
JV Sball @ Chamblee 5:30p (Cunningham)
V Sball v N. Clayton @ DHHS 5:30p (Ingram)
Boys' Lacrosse Parent Meeting Cafeteria 6p
Wednesday, August 30
ESOL Department Meeting 116C 3:30p
JV Sball vs Lakeside @ DHHS 5:30p (George)
JV Vball @ Cedar Grove 5p (Alexander)
Class Night Cafeteria 5p
Thursday, August 31
V Sball @ N. Clayton 5:30p (Jackson)
JV Fball vs Cedar Grove @ Godfrey 5p (Cunningham)
Vball v Redan/Tucker @ Redan 5p (Joyner)
Friday, September 1
JV Sball vs Stone Mountain @ DHHS 5:30p (Ingram)
9/6 - Faculty Meeing
9/7 - Underclassmen Portraits, Float Building Begins
9/8 - Pep Rally during 4th
AM Duty/PM Bus Duty
Science Bldg: E. Robinson
Bus Duty: Mariney
Bus Duty: S. Miller
A Lunch: Jones-Martin/Radcliff
B Lunch: Rice/Wright
C Lunch: Bprnstein/Boone
1ST PERIOD N. BUILDING 500 HALL: RAPHAEL, RACHFORD
1ST PERIOD SCIENCE HALL (1ST FLOOR): CHATARD, MONTOOTH
1ST PERIOD GYM/BAND HALL: RAYBURN, COACH LEE, COACH RENFRO
2nd PERIOD N. BUILDING 500 HALL: HENERY, BOOK
2nd PERIOD SCIENCE HALL (1ST FLOOR): SALAMA, PATEL
2nd PERIOD GYM/BAND HALL: HILL, MCINTOSH
4thPERIOD N. BUILDING 500 HALL: JEFFREY, ROBINZINE
4th PERIOD SCIENCE HALL (1ST FLOOR): MOORE, ROBERSON
4th PERIOD GYM/BAND HALL: MORRIS, SPRY