February 5, 2018
A Principal's Perspective
This week is an exciting week of sports. The Super Bowl is on Sunday. The XXIII Olympic games begin this coming week! I don't know about you, but I love not only the competitions, the games, but also the stories behind the scenes of struggles and successes along the way to ultimate victory! As you watch the Super Bowl, you will see the players that have been on a long journey. Through their seasonal struggles, they have become a true team, a family. They depend on each other to succeed. They have had to overcome adversity and their dependence on one player to ensure success. The Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback, Carson Wentz, is a great example. His teammates considered him the rock of the team. Being injured during week 14 while playing the Rams, his team had to put faith in themselves and not just on the quarterback to reach the goal of the Super Bowl. Coming together, tuning out the noise, for a common goal as a team family allows for the long journey to be a successful one.
The Olympics are ready to start! We will see history being made with the first ever women's Nigerian and Jamaican bobsled teams competing! See the clip below about a former University of Houston athlete overcoming the odds to form the Nigerian bobsled team. Through stories such as these, we will see athletes overcoming the odds while taking a leap of faith and pushing themselves for more.
Determination, focus, and discipline all are required skills of athletes competing on the world stage at the Super Bowl or the Olympics. Super Bowl, Olympics or even in the classroom are all opportunities to depend on each other, to focus on the goal despite the long journey, overcoming obstacles, and experiencing the joys of success along the way. What will be our personal best as educators as we cross the finish line in May? I am excited! Let the games begin!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
GP Team Spirit in Action!
Morning Duties of the Week
Gym & Morning Assembly (7:20-7:45): Weber
Gym (7:20-7:45): LeBlanc
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:55): Glunk
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:55): J. Rhine & Knight
Cafeteria (7:20-8:00): Matthews
Bus (7:15 - 7:55 Buses/ Car Drop Off after all buses arrive): Lewis
Counselor Schedule: - 2nd & 3rd
Week at a Glance
UIL Coach? Jeans week this week!
Monday: Choir 3:05-4:00; Leadership Meeting 2:45-4:00
Tuesday: Imagineers Art Club 2nd Grade 7:30 am; February Faculty Meeting Option: Morning Faculty Meeting 7:15-8:00 - See link below in News & Notes
Wednesday: 100th day of school!; CSHS Drumline in MA; Training for New to GP Staff 3:30-4:30
Thursday: REACH & Chess Club3:15-4:15
Friday: SIT; 3rd Grade Field Trip to A&M
News & Notes
- Ready to TWEET in February? Tweet happenings in your classroom 3 times during the month of February and wear jeans on Tweet Monday, 2/26! Don't forget to use the hashtag #SuccessCSISD and the handle @greensprairie Share your story of the great things happening at GP!
- February faculty meeting will focus on CHAMPS in the classroom. There will be two meeting dates to choose from. The faculty meeting will be for all professional staff. Please see link for more information and to sign up for a meeting that fits your schedule best. Link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C094BA9A82DA0F94-february
2018-2019 School Calendar has been approved. Link: http://web.csisd.org/school_board/agendas/2017-2018/January/ItemH-2aTramelCSISDSchoolCalendar18-19OptionB.pdf
- Ready for the Super Bowl or just wanting to know what to wear on Monday? Eagles win? Wear Jeans on Monday! Patriots win? Wear warm-ups on Monday!
- Relay for Life is coming up soon! If you are a cancer survivor and want your name included for Relay for Life, please let me know. If you would like to be the GP representative for Relay for Life, please come see me. The representative organizes our campus for a fundraiser and communicates with the staff about the Relay for Life event night.
- Please register for the Feb. 19 staff development day at the link below: http://eduphoria.csisd.org/wshop/default.aspx?cid=5073 SPED and CAMP will have a different registration link from Central Office.
- If you are working with Michelle Prukop on the TELPAS online calibration process on February 19th, we will have a working lunch on that day. Please go to link https://tinyurl.com/y8yzjswd to order your lunch. This is for identified teachers needing to complete the online TELPAS calibration process.
Mustang Yee Haws!
Shout Out from a Parent
I can't say it enough, but thank you!
Jackie Wolf, Feb. 11