Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
News and Reminders
- 2019-2020 School Calendar - has been published online including a slight revision to start time (8:10) for elementary school.
- Accountability reports: 2018 accountability reports are now available through the Klein ISD website.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our sole source of communication this year in order to reduce cost associated with paper flyers. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
- Lunch menus: Can be found on this website which is updated monthly
- Absences: Please remember to send a parent or doctor's excuse note within 3 days of your student returning from an absence.
- Order your Field Day shirts between February 11 and March 17th! https://kleinisd.schoolcashonline.com/fee/details/19972/27/false/true
Please check school website for additional dates; dates are subject to change
- 3/1 - German Fest (5-8 p.m.) - Our choir is performing! You can purchase tickets in our front office.
- 3/8 - Sock Hop in the Blackshear cafeteria (6:00-8:00 p.m.) - free entry!
- 3/11-3/15 - Spring Break
- 3/19 and 3/21 - 4th grade Wunderlich Farms field trip (divided into two days due to number of students)
- 3/20 - 5th grade panoramic picture
- 3/22 - end of 3rd quarter grading period
- 3/25 - Chick Fil-A Spirit Night (5:30-7:30)
- 3/26 - Nurtured Heart Parent Night (6-7 p.m.)
- 3/29 - Report Cards sent home and posted online in Skyward Family Access
State Assessment Dates - Please plan around these dates when scheduling advance appointments.
4/9 - 4th Writing, 5th Math
4/10 - 5th Reading
5/13 - 3-4 Math, 5th Math Retest
5/14 - 3-4 Reading, 5th Reading Retest
5/15 - 5th Science
5/16 - Makeups
Blackshear will be a closed campus (including volunteers and lunch visitors) on state testing dates.
Family Heritage Day
This was a huge success thanks to all of our parent volunteers who proudly shared about their cultures!
Hundreds of bears were collected for the Joe Joe Bear Foundation
Congratulations Teacher and Employees of the Year!
Teacher - Rocio Church (bilingual Kindergarten)
Clerical - Janie Gonzales (registrar)
Paraprofessional - Kaleb Abbrat (educational assistant)
Professional Support - Lisa Wilkey (Instructional Specialist)
Family Heritage Day
5th graders sang Valentine's songs to our Kindergarteners
Positive Office Referral Game Room
This takes place every two weeks and students are invited by teachers for good behavior and meeting goals
5th grade small group instruction in full swing
HABSE teacher of the year
Megan Favre - 2nd grade
Students sent several hundred notes of kindness to each other throughout the week
Congratulations to Major for earning a silver medal in the Special Olympics Regional Basketball Skills Competition!