Mrs. Lamparter's Class
October 25, 2013
We have had a crazy schedule this week and I am so proud of the way my kindergartners handled all the changes!
Craig Colts will celebrate Red Ribbon Week from October 28th - November 1st. Red Ribbon Week is the largest, most visible drug prevention campaign in the United States. Here are activities you can participate in:
- Mon. October 28th- RED DAY! (wear anything red)...sign Pledge day
- Tue. October 29th- SOCKING IT TO DRUGS ! (wear silly socks)
- Wed. October 30th- TIED TO A HEALTHY LIFE! (wear a tie)
- Thur. October 31st- BACKING MY PROMISE! (wear clothes backwards)
- Fri. Nov. 1st- HATS OFF TO HEALTHY CHOICES (wear a hat)
- PTA wants to remind you that Fundraiser Pickup will be ONE day only- Friday, October 25th from 7:30 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- New W.O.W. words this week: play, in, my, an, for
- Recognizing upper and lowercase letters, learning letter sounds, and recognizing color words
- Working on recognizing rhyming words
- Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- Features of Non-fiction text
- Creating pictures and phonetically spelling words to tell a story- focusing on setting & characters
- Working in guided reading groups- please have your child read the book to you and return it the next day
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- Please send in cylinder containers to use for drums for out Thanksgiving skit on Friday, November 22nd.
- Send in a long sleeved white t-shirt or sweatshirt to use for our reindeer shirts
- Mark your calendars for our Kindergarten Holiday Program on Thursday, December 19th at 9:00 a.m.
- I am submitting a another project to donorschoose.org for a 2nd iPad. We have around $300.00 in gift cards or matching funds from our last project to apply to a new iPad. I will send you the link when I get approval. We are SO excited!!!