Third Grade News, November 2015
During this nine weeks in Math, we will be working on the following skills: multiplication, measurement, area & perimeter, and problem solving. (Please review multiplication facts with your child once we have officially begun working on multiplication.)
In Language Arts, we are working on the following: comprehension, character traits, vocabulary, context clues, and written responses using evidence cited in our texts.
In Science, we finished our "matter" unit. We learned about the different states and properties of matter. We also learned how matter can change states. This month we will be rotating to Mrs. Grainger's classroom to learn about space.
Thank you for sending us your wonderful children to work with each day!
Eblen Super Hero day
Jaden W. and Ean
Students enjoyed their treats!
Monster Mash Dance
Ms. Bumsted taught the class a fun dance to end the month of October!
Bits and Pieces...
- A special thank you goes to Mrs. Enami and Mrs. Andersen for taking on the role of our room moms this year. They will be calling on you or e-mailing you during the year for help with special projects, class parties, etc.
- The Thanksgiving Meal will be prepared by the cafeteria on November 17th. Due to the limited amount of meals which will be prepared, only grades 1 and 4 will be able to invite guests to come eat with them that day. The December Holiday Meal will be for grades K, 2, & 3.
- Emails have been sent about beginning of the year conferences. If you did not sign up I will be sending home information with your child. It's not too late to meet with you! Just send in a note with available dates and times and I'll be happy to meet with you.
- Consumable school supplies need to be replaced at times throughout the year. Periodically ask your child if he/she needs new crayons, pencils, erasers, etc. Glue sticks seem to run out quickly, too!
- Thank you for your support of the Eblen Foundation pumpkin sale. Our wall was covered with pumpkins by the end of October. The Eblen Foundation has served many families in our community who have had medical or financial needs.
Mark Your Calendars
- Nov. 19 - Coastal Night, 4th Grade
- Nov. 25-27 - THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Dec. 3 - Picture Make up Day
- Dec. 4 - Early Release
- Dec. 12 - Pancake Breakfast
- Dec. 15 - Field Trip
- Dec. 21-Jan. 1 - WINTER BREAK