Our Second President of the United States
Ten Fast Facts About John Adams
1. John Adams was the second president of the United States.
2. Before John Adams was president, he was the Vice President of George Washington.
3. Some major events that occurred during Adams Presidency included the XYZ Affair and the Alien and Sedition Acts.
4. John Adams appointed “Midnight Judges” the night before he left office in order to keep some Federalists in power.
5. John Adams signed the Declaration of Independence.
6. John Adams died on July 4, 1826 which was the fifty year anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
7. John Adams was one of the only presidents to live past the age of ninety years old.
8. John Adams was the first President to live in the White House.
9. John Adams first lady was Abigail Adams.10. John Adams only served one term in office.