Famous Figures- From Then to Now
Challenges these famous figures faced
Both Jackie and Eleanor had many things that challenged them in their life. They both have been seen as different for their actions and appearance
- Jackie Robinson took racism and discrimination from fans and other players
- Eleanor Received negative feedback for working against segregation
The triumph over adversity
- Did not listen to other players and fans
- Let his play do the talking for him
- stood up for herself and her husband, the president
- never took negativity personally
How This is Still an Issue Today
Blacks are seeing differently than whites- Ferguson- The white police officer who shot the black man
- Whites only prom- Wilcox article- Whites were the only ones allowed to the prom
- There are more examples of inequality in the world
How to solve these issues
We proposed two solutions to end inequality
In order to end inequality, we should raise punishments for people who use inequality for crime (such as discrimination, racism)
- We should also ban such events like the Wilcox Prom unless they allow both races to come at the same
- Blacks and people who feel like the are being treated differently should persevere through it like Jackie and Eleanor did
Biblography- In MLA citation
"Eleanor Roosevelt." Bio. A&E Television Networks, 2015. Web. 20 Mar. 2015.
"Eleanor Roosevelt's Press Conferences Video." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2015.
"Jackie Robinson Breaks Barriers Video." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 23 Mar. 2015.
"Jackie Robinson." Bio. A&E Television Networks, 2015. Web. 20 Mar. 2015.
Gumbrecht, Jamie. "Segregated Prom Tradition Yields to Unity - CNN.com."CNN. Cable News Network, Dec.. 2013. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Robinson#/media/File:Jackie_Robinson,_Brooklyn_Dodgers,_1954.jpg. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web
Http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs147/1101063573327/img/4731.jpg. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web.
Warren, Vincent. "The Real Problem in Ferguson, New York and All of America Is Institutional Racism." TheGaurdian. Guardian News, 24 Dec. 2014. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.