Bell Middle Family Updates
Where we're on PARR
To Translate this Document:
- From your computer: Click "translate" button, to the upper right of your screen, & choose your preferred language.
- From your cell phone: Click the (image of person), to the bottom right of your screen, & choose your preferred language.
Spirit Week This Week! Oct 25-Oct 29
SSC Monday, 10-25-21 at 3pm!
Please join us for our monthly School Site Council meeting Monday at 3:00 p.m.
Topic: Bell Middle School Site Council (SSC) Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 863 3863 1190
Students and Families: We need students & adult family members to run for positions on School Governance Team (SGT) and School Site Council (SSC).
Click below to learn more about the SSC
Click below to learn more about SGT
All meetings will be on zoom for the 2021-2022 school year. We must hold elections for staff, students & adult family members to serve as voting members. Please join & help us make decisions about our campus. Each team meets min, once a month, for 90 minutes on zoom.
Please email Perla Ramos at email@example.com if you or your student is interested in serving in one of these leadership roles.
Saturday Academy is on selected Saturdays, from 8:00am-noon.
Students will receive a slip/invitation to attend Saturday Academy based on the number of absences they have. All absences are included in the report we run to send invitation to attend. It is not required for students; but highly recommended to make up ANY absences and clear them off the record.
Additionally, students that attend with receive free breakfast, academic tutoring from Bell teachers, and homework help. Student must attend the full 4 hours.
Saturday Academy Schedule for 2021-2022:
- October 23, 2021
- November 6, 2021
- November 13, 2021
- December 11, 2021
- January 8, 2022
- February 5, 2022
- February 26, 2022
- March 12, 2022
- March 19, 2022
- April 9, 2022
- April 23, 2022
- May 14, 2022
- May 21, 2022
If you have further questions, please contact Ms. Garcia, at (619) 430-1013 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell Middle Information
Bell Middle: 620 Briarwood Rd, San Diego, CA, 92139. Enter through the South Parking Lot, walk up the stairs to the main gates. Parents must enter through the main lobby.
Students: What to Bring: Chromebook fully charged & Charger, bottle of water & wear a mask.
Gates open daily at 720am
Regular Days: 730am-230pm Mon, Tues, Wed, & Fri
Minimum Days: 730am-114pm Every Thurs
Dress Code Violations
We believe students can be individuals and creative with their dress and follow our school dress code. In addition to no sliders or open toe shoes, students can't wear halter tops, tank tops or clothing showing mid-drift/stomach areas. Thank you for your support with this matter. Please make sure your child follows the dress code.
School CHOICE Application
The SDUSD CHOICE application will be open October 4th - November 15th. If you would like to choice your student to a school outside of our neighborhood schools (Bell and Morse), you must submit a CHOICE application. It is an online application submitted directly to the district. You will notified in the Spring if your student is accepted at your choice school. Please visit this website for more information
TikTok- Please Read
TikTok is a popular social media app general used for fun. If your child has a TikTok account we are urging you to please make sure that you monitor the activity because like with all social media content, it can be inappropriate for middle school aged students.
Recent Challenges with TikTok
It has been brought to our attention that schools around the country are being impacted.
Please review your child's TikTok. There are challenges such as defacing school, student and staff property, including battery to staff members. There will be consequences for any student caught breaking school rules. Our school, our students and our community deserve better.
Need to see a staff member? Picking up your student at lunch time?
Before School, at Lunch, or After School
- Teachers, Counselors and Staffs start time at Bell is 7:35am with an end at 2:30pm. It is always best to schedule an appointment prior to coming directly to the main office. Without an appointment, there is no guarantee staff member will be available. Staff members are not available during lunch. Again, if you need to see a staff member, please schedule an appointment. Make an appointment by going to our website below, clicking staff directory, and find the staff members name and email: https://bell.sandiegounified.org/
Picking up Your Student at Lunch-time
- If you are coming to pick up your student during lunch-time, please be sure you are on the student's contact list as someone who is allowed to pick up the student. Lunch is very busy time and it is difficult to identify all students, especially with a mask on, as we are still getting to know our 6th and 7th graders by name and face. To help speed up the process, please text your student to meet you in the front office.
- Another option is to pick up your student either Per 4 or Per 5 to avoid lunch. Lunch is in-between Per 4 and Per 5. Many guardian's choose to wait until lunch is over then pull their student out of 5th period. Below is Bell's Schedule. It can help you decide on the perfect time to pull your student out if you need to pick them up early https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfJxPFVFlgrDn8zvtw98K7bGtWDcutWb/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=116341085061747595623&rtpof=true&sd=true
Information from Nurse and Wellness: Nurse Stella
School Picture Day Make Up Day is cancelled. New date TBD.
Makeup Date: TBD
Time: from 7:30 am to 11:00 am
- Face masks must be worn at all times until the time a photo is taken.
- Photographer set-up is preferred to be located outdoors or in a large, well-ventilated area (ie. auditorium, gym, multi-purpose room).
Click on the Lifetouch PDF Link below for ordering instructions:
Cell phones should be off during passing periods, classrooms, and anywhere on campus. If students need to call home during school hours, our protocol is for students to call from a land line in the front office. Cell phones are allowed during lunch and right at dismissal.
Recording students or taking pictures of students is not permitted at anytime.
Bell Middle is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones:
Students: please keep an eye on your belongings at all times and keep your cell phone in your pocket. Cell phones should not be out, and if out they may be confiscated for the day and stored with Perla in the front office. Cell phones may be picked up at Perla's desk by a parent or guardian in the front office after school.
Is your student a bus rider?
- Pick Up at Pacific View is at 6:57am/Drop Off is at 2:48pm & 1:48pm on Min Days
- Pick Up at Paradise Hills is at 7:03am/Drop Off is at 2:53pm & 1:53pm on Min Days
- Pick Up at Nye Elementary is at 7:10am/Drop Off is at 3:01pm & 2:01pm on Min Days
If your student lives by Perry Elementary, they will use the Paradise Hills Elementary bus stop
If your student lives by Penn Elementary, there is no bus because you live in between the bus stops offered and Bell Middle
There may be a waiting list for applications:
Transportation is working diligently to place all students on the bus.
All bus riders must fill out the Transportation Application form directly below.
Guardians please sign and send in PDF form to email@example.com
PrimeTime After School Program
Dismissal time at Bell is 2:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and 1:14pm every Thursday. Staff will be participating in meetings, trainings and professional development afterschool on Thursdays. All students will be expected to leave campus right after dismissal unless they are assigned to an after school club, activity or event.
If you are unable to pick your student up shortly after 2:30 and/or your student is unable to walk home or to another location you have decided on, please sign up for PrimeTime. Safety for our students and our community is of the utmost importance. After school, students are not permitted to hang out and roam around on campus, or outside of campus unsupervised. Please sign up for PrimeTime by clicking on it directly below. For questions about PrimeTime email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Have Your Student Picked up or Walk Home by 2:40pm Reg Days and 1:25pm Min Days
Daily Bread and Boutique Opportunity by Appointment Only
Interested in food and other items?
Clients are allowed to shop for food every 30 days and is by appointment only. Application information can either be provided over the phone or completed, scanned and returned to us via email with encryption. Below is the application which upon completion allows clients to shop in both the DBM and the Christian Closet Boutique. An appointment is then scheduled. Our operating hours are 9:00-12:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Remember, shopping is by appointment only.
Also, on each Wednesday, a “first come first served” food distribution drive through is held from 11:00 to 1:00 or until there are no foods remaining. There is no application or eligibility requirements the Drive Through. The line begins to form as early as 8:30 and the drivers simply pop open their trunks.
Dr. Terry Wayne Brooks, Senior Pastor
Bayview Baptist Church
6134 Pastor Timothy J Winters Street
San Diego, CA 92114
Are you a caretaker other than the parent?
General Information Slide Show
Just enrolled at Bell? View our New Student Orientation Slide Show, by clicking
2021-2022 Bell Student Orientation slide show below.
New Chromebook's will be given to all incoming 6th Graders & any new to SDUSD students during school in the library.
Questions about Chromebooks and textbooks email email@example.com
Students can purchase PE Clothes Period 4 or during Lunch at the Finance Office.
The Finance Office is also open Tuesdays from 230-330pm and Thursdays from 130-230pm.
- Shirts are $8
- Shorts are $10
- Sweats are $14
Your Bell Middle Support Staff
Schedule questions/counseling services/check ins
- Ramona Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pham Nguyet email@example.com
- Theresa Wells firstname.lastname@example.org
English Language Support
- Rosanne Hodge email@example.com
Nurse and Wellness
- Shirley Burns firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Dean email@example.com
PowerSchool Student/Parent Access
- Dr. Kegler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Lacey-Jackson email@example.com
PE Clothes/Unpaid Items
- Cynthia Perez firstname.lastname@example.org
Primetime Afterschool Program
- Ariana Vazquez email@example.com
- Precious Jackson-Hubbard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Lewis email@example.com