April 7, 2020
Good Morning Sharks!
Distance Learning Week 2 Underway
We will have a Monthly Chill on Monday at 9:00. It is important that we stay connected and since we don't see each other every day, we will have two a month. You can click here to join the chill. The password is Sharks. I will send out a reminder as it gets closer.
Don't forget our Quarantine Photo Contest! A fabulous prize will be sanitized and delivered to the door of the winner. You can email them to me!
Graduation and Prom
Canvas Tip: Messaging Students who have not Completed an Activity
Once graded, scores on assignments show up in the Gradebook within myLearning. (Note: These do NOT travel over to myStudent. For now, let's consider that a good thing and set aside any discussion of the myStudent grading system.)
But how can you give a nudge to those students who've not yet submitted a given assignment? There is a messaging feature in myLearning/Canvas that allows you to push out a message to only specified groups of students.
Here are the steps for how to use it. As well, you may wish to refer to the screenshots in the gallery below.
- Click the Grades area found along the lefthand listing of course sections. This will bring up a table view of the grade book for the course.
- Beside the title of a given assignment, there are three dots stacked one on top of the other. Click once to open a drop down menu of options.
- One option says, Message Students Who. Move your pointer and single click that option.
- An email message screen opens to the selection, Haven't Submitted Yet. Typically, those are the students you're wanting to contact!
- Type your reminder and click the button at the bottom to Send Message. (It will send you a copy of the message too.)
Activities for All of Us
~Resources You Can Consult~
Distance Learning One Note
How to Get Help - For Teachers
On your myPascoConnect dashboard, you will find a new icon called How To Get Help that links to a single page help document with important resources for when teachers hit a roadblock.
TIP: Remember to always be signed in to myPascoConnect and Office 365. These open the gateway for other links and resources to load properly for you.
Happy Birthday, Tiffany!! (Today)
Happy Birthday, Courtney (Wednesday)
'Clote Convo Archives
- New Admin Work Schedule for the week
- Reduced on site staff
- Employee Pay
- Stay at home order
- Onsite Staff
- Turn Around Student of the Year
- School's closed till May 1, 2020
- Course Roll Outs
- ESOL Resources
- Canvas vs myStudent (grades)
- Work Expectations
- Payroll and TimeClock
- Closed Campus
- Device Check Out
- Extension Trainings
- Zoom Help