If you don't have anything nice to say then shut up.
Three differences between cyberbullying and bullying
- Cyberbullying can happen 24/7 even when your alone.
- Cyberbullying messages can be sent and seen very quickly over a large variety of people.
- Deleting these messages is extremely difficult to do after they've been sent.
Effects of cyberbullying
When people are cyberbullied, they can be pressured by stress to do dangerous things like:
- They skip school to avoid seeing their bully or bullies.
- They get bad grades because they're stressed.
- They also have more health problems because of stress.
- They start using drugs or drinking alcohol.
- They refuse to come to school at all.
Prevention and Awareness
Sometimes adults don't know what their kid is going through online here are some tips to fix that.
- Have parental control locks on your computer.
- Have programs that monitor what websites your child goes through online.
- Know your children's passwords.
- friend them on the social media sites they go on.
- Encourage your child to tell you if anything is wrong or if they're getting cyberbullied.
Reporting A Cyberbully
Here are some steps you need to take once you are getting cyberbullied.
- Do not respond or forward cyberbullying messages.
- Keep the evidence and don't delete any messages.
- Block the cyberbully.