Rykers' Ridge Learning Commons
Creativity, Curiosity, Innovation
What did students do in January...read below to find out.
Mrs. Stevenson and Ms. Schmitt
What is Your One Word 2018?
Kindergarten - 2nd grade students set goals for the New Year and posted them to Seesaw.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Students in 3rd and 4th grade watched MLK, The King and his Dream video and used Flipgrid to record their dreams for the world.
What is Flipgrid?
Flipgrid is one of the most amazing tech tools. There are a million ways you can use Flipgrid. We have the opportunity to engage students in opportunities that let their voices be heard and one of our favorite ways to do this is by using Flipgrid.
As the site says, Flipgrid is a video discussion community for your classroom that supercharges your students' voices. You add the topics, your students respond with short videos and everyone engages.
250 library items were checked out to students
The top 10 check outs for January were:
- Bats at the Beach
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
- Fast Food
- A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time
- Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers
- A Baby Lobster Grows up
- Don't Go to Sleep!
- The 12 Screams of Christmas
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
- Get students excited about the library space and learning.
- Give students opportunities to work on engaging tasks.
- Provide spaces to work collaboratively, think critically and creatively.
Also, to transition to a place where students DO stuff, not simply a place where students GET stuff.