Summit High School
Hello SkyHawk Families!
If it seems like your student has a lot of tests and projects due, you are probably right. Next week is the final week of Term 1. As the term draws to a close, I cannot thank you enough for the flexibility and resilience you have exhibited. The way you have responded to so many changes and challenges is awe-inspiring and has provided me with an excellent example of the Summit Way!
- Next week is Finals Week! Finals will be held on Tuesday, October 20th, and on Thursday, October 22nd. Click here to view the schedule. On Tuesday, you’ll take your Period 1 Final and your Period 3 Final. On Thursday, you’ll take your Period 2 Final and your Period 4 Final. It is important to note that we will not have a different daily schedule during Finals week. You will still attend each one of your classes during the same times that you have been since the beginning of the year. Therefore, you will still attend periods 1 through 4 each day, and at the same times. Your finals will be 80 minutes (or less) to fit into your regularly scheduled periods. So for example, your Period 1 Final will be on Tuesday, October 20th, from 9:00 AM to 10:20 AM. Your period 3 Final will be on Tuesday, October 20th, from 12:25 PM to 1:45 PM.
- Just a reminder to please take your finals very seriously. We know these are very different times, but these are the grades that will be posted to your transcript on October 23rd. Please make every effort to do your very best. Remember, there is Student Support Time build into each day’s schedule, so please take advantage of it.
- We are hosting three virtual Financial Aid workshops on October 13, 14, and 15th. The workshop will be offered in both English & Spanish. Click here for more details and information about this great opportunity for our seniors & their families. We will also be hosting a virtual Scholarship workshop on October 21st. Check out this for more information on his helpful workshop.
- We have an AAPAC (African American Parent Advisory Committee) meeting on Tuesday, October 13th, at 6:00 PM. Please RSVP to Mr. Hannon at email@example.com or at (909) 357-5950 ext. 15378 and you will be sent the link to the meeting.
- Grab ‘n Go Meal Service is every Wednesday between 9:00 - 11:00 AM and 2:00 - 5:00 PM here at Summit High School. Students will receive 7 days worth of delicious food. Available via drive-through or walk-up service. Students do not need to be present.
- Our Academic Awards criteria this year have changed somewhat due to our 4x4 schedule. This year, academic recognition will be based on a student’s unweighted GPA. Students will receive credit status for each term, but will be recognized twice a year at the end of the Fall Session (Term 1 and Term 2) and the Spring Session (Term 3 and Term 4). Please see the updated Academic Medals criteria below:
- Gold medal – 3.8 unweighted GPA or above
- Silver medal – 3.5 – 3.79 unweighted GPA
- All academic courses that a student is enrolled in counts towards the unweighted GPA.
- Any “D”, “F” or “U” disqualifies a candidate for consideration.
- Student Assistant and Summer School courses do not count.
As always, if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Keep soaring SkyHawks!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
Academic Awards Night - October 2020
Congrats to over 700 SkyHawks who were recognized for their outstanding academic achievement!
2020-2021 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade & Athletic Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: MO - ROD
Last names: ROJ - Z