FHS Counseling Newsletter
Greetings from Your Counselors!
- Email us! Our email addresses are listed below.
- There is also a "Counselor Appointment Request" form on the Forestview website on the school counseling tab. These requests come to our email.
- Our office hours are 8:00 - 3:30, Monday - Friday.
- As always, use the following numbers in emergency cases:
Partners Helpline: 1-888-235-4673
- Resources Specific to the CoronaVirus outbreak and anxiety https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/current-events/supporting-your-emotional-well-being-during-the-covid-19-outbreak/
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The Lifeline is free, confidential, and available to everyone in the U.S. 24/7. You do not have to be suicidal to call the Lifeline. Staffed by trained support people.
- LifeLine Chat--This is the same as The Lifeline, but in a chat function.
- Dear Anxiety--a podcast focusing on helping children between the ages of 7-15 with anxiety of all types. The last few podcasts focus specifically on Coronavirus and anxiety.
- Safe Space--Home to resources and tool to provide you with some extra support in an emotionally safe environment.
- The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
Articles for Students & Parents
- Articles that provide some general information regarding controlling coronavirus anxiety--https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/erasing-stigma/202003/controlling-coronavirus-anxiety
- Article with practices to help control anxiety https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-act-be/202003/anxious-about-the-coronavirus-these-practices-can-help
- Article regarding how to talk to your children about the coronavirus. https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/NASN/3870c72d-fff9-4ed7-833f-215de278d256/UploadedImages/PDFs/02292020_NASP_NASN_COVID-19_parent_handout.pdf
ACT / SAT / AP Course Information and Updates
ACT Information: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/covid-19.html
FREE! SAT/ACT/AP Course Study Help: https://www.kaptest.com/study/pre-college/?
AP Course Testing Updates: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/coronavirus-update?SFMC_cid=EM288604-&rid=52559322
FHS Course Registration Updates
College and Career Promise
Help Us Help You!
Forestview High School Counseling Department
Mrs. (Malloy) Miller (Last names N-Z) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Clemmons (Last names A-F) - email@example.com