Flower Project

Jasmine Rodriguez, Misael Nunez and Deshowne Kirkland

What is the Problem!!!! What We Tried To Solve!!!!!

The problem is that the flowers are dying and we want to find a way to make them live. What we tried the solve is how to make the flowers stay alive for a long period of time.


What Is Your Hypothesis!!!!

Are hypothesis was that SODA will make flowers last longer.


Explaining how you "Controlled" your Experiment

How we 'controlled' our experiment.... We decided that SODA would keep flowers alive because SODA has sugar and flowers produce sugars called "sucrose". So what we did is put water in one of the graduated cylinders and then sugar in the other and then SODA in the another. Our controlled experiment was the water and soda we wanted to see which one would have a better affect on keeping the flowers FRESH.


Results

The flower with soda died. The flower with sugar died the 2nd day. The flower with water is partially alive.


Table

Time(Days)Control Experiment

01010

11010

29.510

399

488

586

675

763

851

950

Graph

Conclusion

We rejected are hypothesis because the control was better than the experiment!!!!!!

Why did you accept or reject your hypothesis

We rejected are hypothesis because the SODA made the flowers last for a few days and then it slowly started dying. So that means sugars do not help flowers last longer.