The Timberwolf Tabloid
Preparatory Newsletter - October 2023
October Count Day - Monday, October 2nd
- School funding determined by annual pupil count taken this day
- Determines at-risk and English Language Proficiency Act (ELPA) funding
- Please avoid making appointments or missing school this day
Monday, Oct 2, 2023, 08:00 AM
There will be no bus transportation on Monday, October 9th. Please make other arrangements for transportation that day.
Picture Retake Day - Thursday, October 12th
Students who were absent on Picture Day or would like to retake their photo, please make sure you are present on Thursday, October 12th. This will be the last opportunity to retake photos for student IDs for the year.
October 12th In Person or October 13th Virtually
This is a great opportunity to check in with each of your child's teachers.
- IN PERSON - Thursday, October 12, 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM - UCPS Gym (no sign up required)
- VIRTUAL - Friday, October 13, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- WHERE: UCPS Commons
- WHO: Junior and Senior Students and Parents
- WHAT: Aims representatives will discuss changes to this year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- This is an important process for anyone who plans to attend college after graduation
Wednesday, Oct 18, 2023, 05:30 PM
Homecoming Week - October 2nd - 7th
Homecoming Week Events - October 2nd - 7th
The first week of October is Homecoming Week! We will celebrate with the following Spirit Days:
- Monday, October 2nd - Pajama Day
- Tuesday, October 3rd - School Spirit Day - Wear your T-wolves gear!
- Homecoming Volleyball Games against Ascent Classical:
- JV game - 5 PM
- Varsity - 6 PM
- Wednesday, October 4th - Rhyme Without a Reason Day
- Thursday, October 5th - Color War - Wear your class color!
- Saturday, October 7th - Homecoming Dance 7 - 11 PM
Homecoming Dance - Garden of Lights
HOSTED BY: High School Student Council
THEME: Garden of Lights
WHO: 8th - 12th Grade Only
WHEN: 7 - 11 PM (students must be picked up promptly no later than 11 pm)
GUESTS: Permission forms available in front office or from Ms. Kubat
- Must be signed by both parents and Mrs. Leffler by Thursday, October 5th at 3 PM
- Only 1 guest per student
- Guests must bring school ID to the dance
TICKETS: $15 each, sold 10/2 - 10/4 during HS lunch
- Girls generally wear skirts and blouses or dresses
- Boys generally wear suits or slacks and a dress shirt
- Jeans and sneakers are discouraged
- Please dress appropriately
PHOTOS: Contemporary Studios professional photographer will take photos available for purchase
Saturday, Oct 7, 2023, 07:00 PM
Health and Wellness
6th Graders - Tdap Vaccine Required by CO Law
- It is required by Colorado law that all 6th grade students receive the Tdap vaccine
- If your 6th grader has not received the Tdap vaccine yet, please contact your provider to schedule an appointment
- Submit updated records or inform our health clerk of your upcoming appointment by calling 970-373-3505 or emailing Jamie Miller at email@example.com.
Counseling Corner - Linda Armendariz, LMFT
This month's parenting quote is by Alice Miller, a Swiss psychologist and philosopher. She is best remembered for her book The Drama of the Gifted Child.
"It is very difficult for people to believe the simple fact that every persecutor was once a victim. Yet it should be very obvious that someone who was allowed to feel free and strong from childhood does not have the need to humiliate another person."
Yearbooks and Senior Photos
Music Concerts and Events
Middle School Band "Mock" Concert
WHO: Beginning and Intermediate Band students performing, all welcome to attend!
DRESS: Students performing will wear concert attire (discussed in class)
QUESTIONS?: Email Mr. Steffen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, Oct 18, 2023, 04:00 PM
Key Club Events
Trick-or-Treat Kids' Booths
WHEN: Saturday, October 21st and Sunday October 22nd
1:30 PM - 6:30 PM
WHERE: Centennial Village
Trick-or-Treating on Halloween!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 31st - After school (usually takes 1 hour)
WHO: Key club members and all who wish to participate
WHERE: UC Prep Building
PRICE: $1 per trick-or-treat bag
WHY: Fundraiser for Key Club
- Available for purchase during HS lunch or after school the week before Halloween
- Trick-or-Treat for your siblings!
The Middle School Boys Soccer team had a fantastic season with Head Coach Brandon Douglas and Assistant Coach Alonso Guzman. They ended with a 1-7 record.
High School Girls Volleyball and Middle School Girls Basketball seasons are underway! Click the buttons to view game schedules
The UC Parent Group Needs Your Help!
We are looking for volunteers to run concessions during home volleyball and basketball games. Please click below to sign up!
Parent Group Meeting
- WHAT: UC Parent Group meets the first Wednesday of every month
- WHEN: 7 PM
- WHERE: UCPS Commons
- WHO: Any parents or guardians interested in helping support our students
- NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, October 4th, 7 PM, UCPS Commons
UCS Board Meeting
- WHAT: The Union Colony School Board meets every second Saturday of the month
- WHEN: 9 AM
- WHERE: July - December - Preparatory campus; January - June - Elementary campus
- WHO: These meetings are open to the public
- NEXT MEETING: Saturday, October 14th, 9 AM, Preparatory Building