Food of Europe
By: Tyrese Roberts
- Has a long and sophisticated culinary tradition
- The united kingdom, Ireland, England, Scotland, wales, France, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria
- Belgian Waffles- topped with with fruit or jam and cream are a favorite street food
- Yorkshire pudding- a popover baked in the hot pan dripping from the roast beef.
The Mediterranean (Southern Europe)
- cooking in southern is lighter than the northern and western
- spain, portugal, italy, greece,
- Marsipan- confection made with almond paste and sugar
- paella- rice seasoned with saffron and mixed with a puree of onion, red bell peppers and tomatoes, meat and seafood.
- Food here tends to be more filling and creative.
- Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland,
- Smorgasbord- a buffet laden with cured fish, cold meat, cheeses, and vegetables.
- Lutefisk- dried cod soaked in culinary ash and water