From the Silver Creek High School Counseling Office
Need this newsletter translated? ¿Necesita traducir este boletín?
On the right side of the newsletter, you'll see the ADA and Translation features. To translate your newsletter, click on the Translate button and choose your desired language.
En el lado derecho del boletín, verá las funciones de traducción y ADA. Para traducir su boletín, haga clic en el botón Traducir y elija el idioma deseado.
- Final Exam Schedule:
- Mon. December 12th B1 and B4
- Tue. December 13th O1 and O3
- Wed. Debember 14th B3
- Thurs. December 15th O2 and O4
- Fri. Debember 16 Make ups
- Quarter 2 ends on December 16th.
- Winter Break is December 19th through January 4th.
Save the Date: SCHS 8th grade showcase
Starting today many of our Silver Creek Students scholarships will open. Scholarships such as Ethan Bennett, Evelyn Heiligenberg, Orrin Weber, Dr. John R. Huff & Evelyn Dean Huff, Richard Mattox, Shirley Irby Memorial, Mary L. Cain, Silver Creek Career Academy, and Silver Creek Alumni scholarships. Applications for these will be avaliable in the counseling office as well as on the school website under Silver Creek High School Scholarships. https://schs.scsc.school/students-families/counseling/scholarship-information
Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship which provides up to $30,000 in financial aide to aspiriing teachers. Top-performing high school and college students who are planning to teach in the state of Indiana for at least five years can receive up to $7,500 per year of college (up to $30,000 total) from the scholarship. Interested students are encouraged to act quickly as there are only 200 scholarships available. Students should apply by Janurary 31, 2023 at https://scholartrack.che.in.gov
FASFA is now open! Please click the link below Federal Student Aid to apply.
Please check for additional scholarships at: https://schs.scsc.school/en-US/counseling-18fd3026/scholarship-information-cae7119c More are added all the time!
The Clark County Recycling District offers an Earth Day Scholarship of up to $5,000. Students must be a resident of Clark County and plan to attend full time college or university. For more information and to pick up the application please stop by the counseling office. Deadline to submit the application is February 24, 2022.
Seniors are allowed 2 College Visits, prior arrangements must be made. Stop by the Counseling office for the persmisson form. A downloadable copy of the College Visit form is also below. Froms need to be filled out and returned to the attendace office 24 hours before student goes on their visit.
Transcripts from Parchment: If you are needing a copy of your transcript you can visit http://www.parchment.com. Once you have an account set up you can request your transcripts to be sent to universities and colleges.
- Please join our Google Class room for your students grade level at the following links.
- Class of 2023 https://classroom.google.com/c/NDgxNjE3NzEzNTU1?cjc=7m6ce63
- Class pf 2024 https://classroom.google.com/c/NDgxNjIyMjI3NzQ2?cjc=sqqw53s
- Class of 2025 https://classroom.google.com/c/NDgyMTQ5MjY2NjM4?cjc=sn3ehf3
- Class of 2026 https://classroom.google.com/c/NDk3Mzc3MTc4NTM2?cjc=um36y5z
Juniors are allowed 1 college visit, prior arrangements must be made. Stop by the Counseling office for the persmisson form. A downloadable copy of the form is above as well.
- 21st Century Scholars Be sure you are completing your scholar track.
PSAT Test Results from the October exam are expected to be released to students mid December. Counselors will meet with students in January to review the score reports.
SAT: All juniors will take the SAT at SCHS on March 1st for free. To study for the upcoming exam, the College Board recommends the free online Khan Academy course. https://www.khanacademy.org/sat There are also several free practice exams on the College Board website.
For more information about registering, studying, and interpreting scores:
And, keep in mind that if you wish to take the exam again on a Saturday during the spring of your junior year you must register independently. Please see your counselor if you need a fee waiver for the registration.
ACT: To register for upcoming test dates, or to order the online study course, please visit the website: www.act.org There is also a free copy of the study guide online: https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/Preparing-for-the-ACT.pdf
SCHS Tutorting Program for SCHS Students
- Students, if you are planning to play sports in college either with the NCAA or NAIA one of the steps to ensure eligibility is to register as a student athlete. Double check colleges that you're interested in to see which eligibility center they are affiliated with. There are other eligibility centers too, but these are two common places to start.
NCAA - Registering as an athlete: https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
NAIA for information and to register: http://www.playnaia.org/eligibility-center