Dublin High School
Week of September 11, 2023
A Note From Dr. Overstreet...
Laurens Youth Leadership Class 2023-2024
Congratulations to Dublin High School 11th Graders Peyton Culver and Megan Haywood as well as 10th Grader Emma Claire McDaniel on their acceptance to LYL's Class of 2024! You've already proven yourselves as leaders amongst your peers. We can't wait to watch you share your expertise with our community at large!
The WAY - College & Career Academy
Happy #WorkforceWednesday everybody! As Dublin is a regional healthcare hub for our area, it’s incumbent upon us to expose our students to ALL healthcare related careers. Our students are taking dual enrollment CNA courses on our campus with curriculum provided by Oconee Fall Line Technical College. Today, our allied health pathway students got to hear from Laurens County EMS - Dublin Ga! We are thankful for their time speaking to our future healthcare heroes. See the pictures in the gallery below.
Scholarships: There are several scholarships that are now available. Please review the list of scholarship posted in this newsletter weekly. Students can complete the scholarship application online, or by seeking the assistance of the high school counselor, Ms. Jessica Lemon.
This week, the Japan/Osaki Scholarship deadline is Monday, September 11th. Several students have this scholarship, but have not submitted the completed application to Ms. Lemon, the school counselor. All completed scholarships must be submitted by 3PM Monday.
Family Engagement Coordinator: Maintain the "GRIP" for parents will be held Tuesday. September12, 2023 in the lobby of the high school. This is a drop-in event for parents to learn more about Google Classroom, Resources, Infinite Campus, and PBIS, the school's Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports rewards program. See the "Maintain the GRIP" Flyer below to learn more about this event. I look forward to welcoming you!
Boys 2 Men Mentoring Program: is holding a Veterans' "Socks Drive." All sock donations can be dropped off in the front office .
Have a great week!
Don't Stop Believing!
- 10th, 11th & 12th Graders: Dublin-Laurens International Committee's Dublin-Osaki, Japan Sister-City Exchange Program
- 12th Graders: The Gates Scholarship
- 10th & 11th Graders: Laurens Youth Leadership Application - Due Monday, August 28th 10th, 11th & 12th Graders: GSBA's Student Video Contest
- 10th, 11th & 12 Graders: Superintendent Woods seeks 2023-2024 Student Advisory Council
- 11th and 12th Graders: United States Youth Senate Program - Due September 29th
- 12th Grade Only Coco Cola Scholarship https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/ the deadline to submit is 5 pm Eastern on Monday, October 2, 2023.
- Students Scholaship.org. The Largest Collection of Scholarships on the web: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarships.php
- The Heisman High School https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/apply/a0DHq00000leoNrMAI/a1PHq00000BlyySMAR
Tuesday, September 12th: Dublin High School's "Maintain the G.R.I.P" Family Engagement Event; drop-in between 8:00 - 10:00 AM or 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Tuesday, 9/12: Dublin High School Cross Country @ Warner Robins at 4:30 PM
Tuesday, 9/12: Dublin High School Lady Irish Volleyball AWAY @ Bryan County at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, 9/12: Dublin High School Lady Irish Softball AWAY @ East Laurens at 6:00 PM
Wednesday,9/13: Dublin High School Lady Irish Volleyball HOME vs. Talbotton Central at 5:00 PM & Taylor at 7:00 PM
Thursday, 9/14: Dublin High School Governance Team Meeting at 5:30PM Thursday,
September 14th: Dublin High School Lady Irish Volleyball HOME vs. Central at 5:00 PM & Crawford at 7:00 PM
Thursday, 9/14: Dublin High School JV Football HOME vs. Jefferson County at 5:00 PM
Thursday,914: Dublin High School Lady Irish Softball AWAY @ Swainsboro at 6:00 PM
Friday, 9/15: Dublin High School Football HOME vs. Metter at 7:30 PM
Saturday, 9/16: Cross Country @ Hawkinsville Red Devil's Invitational
September 9/25 - 29: Dublin High School's Book Fair
Monday, 9/25: Local School Governance Team Training