September 9 - 13
Message from the Principal
Dear Grange Hall Families,
A huge shout-out to our teachers, staff, parents, and students for an AMAZING first week of school. Our kindergarten students transitioned smoothly to their first year of school and we are excited to welcome them all back tomorrow. Our cafeteria will remain closed to visitors this week as we are still working to teach our students Bulldog PRIDE expectations and procedures in the cafeteria. There are several important updates in this week's bulletin. Please be sure to read all the way through.
Back to School Bulldog Blast:
We are changing up our Back-to-School night to engage with our students and their families. Please mark your calendars for Thursday, September 19 from 5:30 - 8:00 pm and plan to join us for a fun-filled family evening.
- Parents & families will park at Parkway Baptist and be shuttled over to Grange Hall for this event. Bring your lawn chairs or a blanket for a picnic on the football field.
- 5:30 pm - Food trucks & picnic on the football field - bring your lawn chairs and prepare to buy dinner from the local food trucks. Enjoy your meal with friends and GHES faculty and staff.
- 6:30 pm - Introduction of our Rockin' Grange Hall Faculty & Staff
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Students will lead parents through their day. This hour will provide all families to engage with each of their children's teachers and classmates.
We are excited to engage with our community partners, families, and faculty on Sept. 19. See you there!
*Possible raindate: Thursday, Sept. 26.
Wellness Integration is in its second successful year at Grange Hall. Wellness Integration is an instructional model that empowers teachers to incorporate kinesthetic learning, movement and healthy messaging into lessons and other areas of the classroom. Jessica Sutton will continue as our Wellness Integrator and will help engage students through active lessons and brain boosters within the classrooms. The wellness integration model also enhances the school environment. Throughout the year students will participate in various school-wide wellness activities and challenges. Simply put, healthy kids learn better!
Click on the link below to learn more about our fall running club at Grange Hall.
Students in grades 2-5 will begin taking their Fall MAP assessments this week! This is an instructional tool that allows the teachers to be able to specifically see by strand where each student is academically and provides information to guide instruction. For more information please visit this link: https://www.nwea.org/parent-toolkit/ .
- We appreciate everyone's patience and teamwork as we navigated changes to transportation this school year. At this time, Synergy (our database) and Versatrans are not linked. Therefore, we cannot make any changes to students PM transportation in Synergy. If your child rides a different mode of transportation home in the afternoon, parents will not be able to follow that bus on app at this time. We will update you once that changes. In the meantime, if your child's daily PM transportation changes, you will need to send a note to the teacher stating those changes.
- We will also be sending a daily message via Schoolmessenger to notify all parents when the buses depart daily and/or if there are any late buses. Once our systems are connected, we will be able to send the messages to just the individual bus lists.
Can we volunteer at Grange Hall?
Yes, we LOVE our volunteers. This year, every volunteer must complete the online form with CCPS prior to volunteering at Grange Hall. Please take a moment to complete this form if you did not complete one last school year:
We are excited to kick-off another incredible week at GHES!
Calendar of Events
Thursday, September 12
- PTA Meeting in the cafeteria - 6 pm
Thursday, September 19
- Back-to-School Bulldog Blast - grades K-5
- 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, September 25 - College t-shirt day
Start With Hello Week - September 23 - 27, 2019
Denim Drive 2019
We need your denim! 2019 Denim Drive has started!
Bring your gently used denim (any style, any size/pants/skirts/shirts/shorts/jackets) to GHES and place in the boxes outside the school by the office.
The Chesterfield County school that collects the most pieces/items will win $1,000 for their school's PTA. All items will then go to Goodwill.
Together, we can put Grange Hall in first place!
We're so glad to have your little Bulldogs back at school!
Please visit the GHPTA website NOW to complete your PTA Membership and Classroom Sign Ups!
-There is no time commitment required with PTA membership! Help out as much or as little as you'd like, but it's all completely voluntary.
- The funds collected go directly back to the students via school events, digital learning, and supplies for special projects.
Classroom Sign Up
- Would you like to help your teacher, donate supplies and/or time, or just receive room parent messages? This is where you make that happen by selecting your own degree of involvement at the class level. Remember, you will only receive room parent communications if you OPT IN!
- The voluntary class party fee goes directly to your child's room/grade for year end activities!
Online sign ups are super easy and payment can be made immediately via credit card or via a check sent in with a student. Click here to get started! https://www.ghpta.com/
For question about PTA membership, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about Room Parent efforts, please contact: email@example.com