Week 9: October 4- 8, 2021
MONDAY - 10/4
- Homecoming (HOCO) Ticket Sales Begin
- Executive Board Election Week
- Breast Cancer Toy Sale (Girls League) Lunch
- V Girls Golf @ Walnut – Calif. Country Club 8:00 AM
- COVID Testing - (Athletics) - PCR 2:00 PM
- COVID TESTING - WVUSD COMMUNITY: Faculty Parking Lot 4:00 - 6:00 PM
TUESDAY - 10/5
- **LATE START**
- V Boys Water Polo vs Temescal Canyon Home 4:00 PM
- JV Boys Water Polo vs Temescal Canyon Home 5:00 PM
- F/S Boys Water Polo vs Temescal Canyon Home 3:15 PM
- V Girls Tennis vs Wilson Home 3:15 PM
- JV Girls Tennis @ Wilson 3:15 PM
- V Volleyball vs Wilson Home 5:30 PM
- JV Volleyball vs Wilson Home 4:15 PM
- F/S Volleyball vs Wilson Home 3:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - 10/6
- FOOD FAIR
- USB E-Board Candidate Speeches Lunch
- USB E-Board Voting Opens Chipotle Fundraiser (Dance Co.) 5:00-9:00 PM
- Performing Arts Academy Recital (Theater) 7:00 PM
- V Girls Golf @ Los Altos – Whittier Narrows 1:30 PM
- JV Football @ Wilson 3:15 PM
- F Football @ Wilson 3:15 PM
THURSDAY - 10/7
- V Football @ Wilson 7:00 PM
- V Volleyball @ South Hills 5:30 PM
- JV Volleyball @ South Hills 4:15 PM
- F/S Volleyball @ South Hills 3:15 PM
- V Boys Water Polo vs Yorba Linda Home 4:15 PM
- JV Boys Water Polo vs Yorba Linda Home 3:15 PM
- V Girls Tennis @ South Hills 3:15 PM
- JV Girls Tennis vs South Hills Home 3:15 PM
- V Girls Golf vs Los Altos Home @ Mountain Meadows TBD
- DBHS CAAP Parent Meeting (ZOOM) - 7:00 PM
FRIDAY - 10/8
- Student Store Fashion Show Lunch
- UNICEF Club Meeting (Band Room) Lunch
- V Boys Water Polo @ DBHS Invite TBD
SATURDAY - 10/9
- Band Competition @ Placentia
- V Boys Water Polo @ DBHS Invite TBD
DBHS Athletics Calendar - Click HERE for all athletic contests!
Regular ticket sales will start tomorrow on October 4 in the USB Room at lunch or online through the Webstore.
Visit the webstore Here:
Regular Ticket Prices increase to:
$75 with activity card
$80 without activity card
HOCO ticket sales will officially end on October 19, so go get your tickets as soon as possible.
Pick up a Homecoming Behavior Agreement in the USB room or print the form below. This will need to be signed and turned in at the time of purchase.
Staff admiring our amazing Art students' work!
Mr. Vianney Hwang's Art students decorated our Guidance Office!
Thanks Kelsey Mendez for sharing your talents!
Thanks Melody Mao for your creativity!
Introducing our New Librarian! Welcome Stephanie Maldonado!
Welcome Stephanie Maldonado, our new Librarian!
Stephanie brings a high level of experience from more than 16 years of service through the LA County Library, LA Public Library and the LA Law Library. Her area of focus for the last 7 years has been supporting Teen Services in promoting student literacy and research skills. We are excited to have her join our Brahma Team and provide new opportunities for our students to develop these essential skills.
Please visit the DBHS Library to see our services.
Hello Seniors and Senior Parents,
If you would like to purchase a senior ad in this year's yearbook, please click on the Senior Ad picture below for all of the information!
This year we are working with our publishing company, Herff Jones, to provide you with the opportunity to create your ad with their easy to use website. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Stacy Tenace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Juniors - Did you see our National Merit Semi-Finalists?
We welcome our New Head Girls Water Polo Coach Gary Cheever!
I am thrilled to announce our new Girls Water Polo coach, Gary Cheever!
Coach Cheever has been at Diamond Bar for four years as our Boys Water Polo coach and is now transitioning to coach both of our water polo programs!
He has been coaching for 13 years and has coached 9 league championship teams. In 2018, Coach Cheever was named Inland Empire’s Water Polo coach of the year. Under Coach Cheever’s leadership, we are excited to watch our water polo program flourish. Please join us in congratulating Coach Cheever!
Purple Pride - Gold Standard!
Brahma Football- Week 6 Top 10 Stat Leaders!
Mikey Gorbea (Jersey #4) - Mikey is ranked first (1) in our area with 949 yards, 189 avg., 10 TDs
Maddox Bernardino (Jersey #3) - Maddox is fourth (4) in our area with 527 yards, 27 rec., 6 TDs
Ryan Lewis (Jersey #18) - Ryan is ranked seventh (7) in our area with 1,009, 201 avg., 10 TDs
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Eligibility Center
Attention Senior Student-Athletes:
If you plan on participating in college-level athletics at the NCAA Division I or II levels and are in contact with college coaches, you must be certified as an eligible athlete by the NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER.
*Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Mr. Patterson, our NCAA GLC, will be notified by the Eligibility Center once you have registered. At that time, your transcript will be sent to the Eligibility Center by Mr. Patterson. Only students in the Class of 2022 should register at this time.
Weekly COVID Testing @ DBHS
Each MONDAY at DBHS, we will be providing voluntary COVID testing for all WVUSD students and staff. The drive-through clinics will occur in our Faculty Parking lot. Testing is also available at Suzanne Middle School (Tuesday), South Pointe Middle School (Wednesday), Walnut High School (Tuesday) and Walnut City Library (Thursday).
Please utilize the registration link if you would like to COVID test.
*No appointments are needed, but preregistration is requested.
English Learner Advisory Committee!
Diamond Bar High School
English Learner Advisory Committee
21400 Pathfinder Rd.
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
You are invited to become an active voice in the educational programs for English learners (ELs) by becoming a member of the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). By participating in ELAC, you will:
- Learn more about the programs offered to English learners
- Participate in the school’s needs assessment
- Advise the principal and school staff on positive and effective strategies for teaching English learners
- Provide valuable input on ways to support full participation of ELs in all school activities
- Provide input on effective ways to ensure regular school attendance
ELAC members are elected by the parents of English learners yet the parents/guardians of all students are welcome to participate.
The first ELAC meeting will take place on October 12 via Zoom at 6:30 p.m. At that time, we will discuss the roles and responsibilities of ELAC members, nominate and vote for parent and school site representatives, and discuss future meeting days and times.
I hope you will be able to join me for this meeting and consider nominating yourself or another parent/guardian to become an ELAC member for this school year. If you are interested in becoming an ELAC parent representative, please fill out this Google Form (shorturl.at/jmqE5).
Here is the Zoom meeting information:
Topic: ELAC Parent Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 1663 6415
Attention Parents! Join our monthly CAAP Parent Meeting
Join us for the Council of African American Parents (CAAP) Zoom meeting!
Topic: DBHS CAAP Monthly Meeting
Time: 7:00 PM
Meeting ID: 363 263 1593