The Ritenour Review
2016 - 2017 Third Grade Weekly News
Fall Break Already?
It is hard to believe that it is already time for fall break, but it is well deserved. This class is amazing and the effort they put into learning is outstanding. I have only been here two weeks but I am so grateful for this opportunity and I am loving every second. As the quarter has ended and report cards are being sent home, take some time to celebrate the progress and success each student has made! I hope you enjoy your break and have some time with your family! I know I will be excited to spend some of that time with mine!
As we geared up for fall break, our week has been full of extra activities. We celebrated our Jog-a-Thon success with our treat from Kona Ice on Tuesday. Thank you for all of the donations and to anyone that volunteered! We also visited the Book Fair and found new books to fall in love with! Finally we were able to witness the Torch Relay right outside of the school for Indiana's Bicentennial!
Here is a look at our topics when we return:
- Language Arts: We will look at types of nouns, specifically count nouns. We will also continue to work on our informational writing unit focusing on how we research for our writing.
- Math: We will continue with Unit 3, turning our focus to subtraction strategies and graphing.
- Reading: We will continue our informational unit, looking at how readers of non-fiction text find main ideas and supporting details as they read .
- Word Study: They will continue with their sorts as usual. I highly encourage your child to bring his/her Word Study Notebook home throughout the week. They are learning to take notes each day and this is the best source for them to study.
Kona Ice and Watching the Indiana Torch Relay
Happy Birthday, Lucy!
- October 17 - 21: Fall Break (No School!)
- October 26: Celebrating Principal's Day!
- October 28: Fall Party 2:30-3:15
- November 17: STEM Night
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.