Deciduous Forest Biome Project
Cassidy Minnich 5th Period
- Most Deciduous Forests are located in the eastern United States, Canada, Europe, China, Japan and parts of Russia.
- Deciduous Forests have a long, warm growing season as one of four distant seasons.
- There is and abundant moisture.
- The soil is typically rich.
- Tree leaves are arranged in strata: canopy, understory, shrub and ground.
Ecological concerns or issues
- Forest Fires are the most common catastrophic events in the Deciduous Forest
- Trees are cut down. This wood allows people to build houses and make paper. This empty space is used for farms, since the soil is great for growing crops. However, these forests might not ever grow back.