October 12, 2022
NO SCHOOL oct 19-21
Wednesday, Oct. 19 is a Professional Development day. Thursday and Friday our teachers will attend the Christian Educators Association Convention in South Bend, IN. School will resume on Monday, Oct. 24. Have a great relaxing weekend!
NOVEMBER HOT LUNCH
LEGACY JOB OPENINGS
Part-time school bus driver: All training and certification will be provided for you. The position start date can be flexible.
Part-time Food Service Coordinator at the West Campus: This will be a job-share position working 4-8 hours per week over 2-3 days, approximately 10:30 am-1:00 pm, and follows the school schedule. The Food Service Coordinator is responsible for compiling and submitting the monthly lunch orders, ordering food, preparing and serving food and cleaning up the kitchen and serving area. All training and certification will be provided. OfficeSuite and computer knowledge are a plus.
ELEMENTARY WORSHIP - Fridays @ 9:10 am
- Oct. 14 - 1st Grade: Mrs. Vroon
- Oct. 21 - No worship (NO SCHOOL)
- Oct. 28 - All School Pastor Appreciation Worship at 8:30 am (Note start time)
WEST CAMPUS WORSHIP - Thursdays @ 8:05 am
- Oct. 13 - Mrs. Bolt
- Oct. 21 - No Worship (NO SCHOOL)
- Oct. 28 - All School Pastor Appreciation Worship at 8:30 am at the Elementary
We’re looking for volunteers and ideas for our Exploratories! It’s a wonderful way for our middle school students to have a wide variety of experiences so they can explore their current interests or try new things. We’re looking for people to share their interests and have fun with a group of middle school students!
Dates: Wednesday, November 2 - Friday, November 4 from 1:30-3:00
An exploratory class meets for about 90 minutes for three days during one week. You would lead the class for all three days.
Examples of exploratory classes:
Scrapbooking, sacred dance, karate, swing dance, film making, knitting, basket weaving, murals, card making, equestrian, fly tying and lure making, fishing, Zumba, Dutch language, skits, cartoon animation, Claymation, origami structures, wandering in God’s creation, disc golf, cake decorating.
If you’d like more information about this or would like to volunteer, please contact Lori Bolt - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer to help prepare for the craft sale!
URGENT NEED!!! ALL LEGACY PARENTS, Grandparents and Friends! TONIGHT AND TOMORROW is our Pig-in-the-Blanket Workbee!!! We need YOU!!! The "pigs" are sold at our annual craft sale, and this is a huge fundraiser for our school. We still need MANY HANDS to make this possible, as well as flour mixes to help defray the cost and save time when making them. Can you help??? Sign up to give a few hours of your time and/or to bring in ingredients needed! We don't want to have to cancel the workbee, but we can't make 300 dozen pigs with 5 people! Come and meet other Legacy parents while supporting our school. Children are welcome! PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY!!!
DONATE items: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4aa4a72ca1fb6-pigs
LEGACY COMMUNITY IN PRAYER
Please join together with others in the Legacy Community to pray for our school on Fridays at 8:10 in the conference room of the elementary building (enter near office, turn left, and room is on the right across from the gym.) Feel free to invite others who support our school to join us for an hour of prayer. You may (but it is not necessary) bring a Bible and a pen/pencil. We will follow the format of the National Mom's in Prayer Group and a prayer guide will be available to follow. If you are unable to join us at this time but would like to have the guide emailed to you so you can pray on your own, please contact Ann DeRooy at email@example.com. This week we will be praying for: Larry Bergakker, John Kruithof, & Kaesha Conley. We will also be praying for the Maestra Rivera's kindergarten class by name.
REMINDER - TRIP will not run next week Thursday, Oct. 20 due to no school that day. The regular schedule will resume the Week of Oct. 24. Disbursement checks will be available on Oct. 27.
Legacy Christian School TRIP coordinator
South Christian Boys Basketball is launching a Fall League for 5th and 6th Grade boys! The Saturday morning camp begins October 22 and will run for 5 weeks. See the link to the flyer for all details. Feel free to pass along to anyone in the surrounding communities. Excited to give the boys an opportunity to jump start the basketball season!
- Discover Calvin Christian on Thursday, October 27th at 6pm or 7:30 pm. This is Calvin Christian High School’s (CCHS) showcase event for area 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and parents to learn about the amazing opportunities that await students at CCHS! Please bring your middle school students and/or invite neighbors and friends with middle school students. Visit https://www.gosquires.org/discover-calvin/ to register for the event and watch a short video to learn more about the great things happening at CCHS!
- Thornapple MOPS Fall Consignment Sale - October 13-15, Presale: October 13, 6-8 pm public entry, $5 admission. Public Sale: October 14, 9am-1pm. Half Price Day: October 15, 9am-12pm. Thornapple Covenant Church - 6595 Cascade Rd.
- Brookside CRC is hiring a Children’s Ministries Specialist. This is a part-time role with a mix of remote and in-office hours that averages approximately 15 hours per week. This role provides ministry support for the Infant - 5th grade programs including scheduling volunteers and coordinating lessons and crafts for Sunday mornings. They will also support mid-week GEMS and Cadets leaders as well as seasonal programming such as Christmas programs and VBS. To learn more contact Kristi Handlogten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
12 - Elementary Vision/Hearing Testing
13 - 5th-7th Grd Vision/Hearing Testing
18 - November Hot Lunch orders due
19 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
20-21 - NO SCHOOL - CEA CONVENTION
26 - Sign-ups for Parent Teacher Conferences begin
28 - Pastor Appreciation worship - Elem bldg (8:30 am)
28 - End of 1st Qtr.
2-4 -West Campus Exploratories
4 - Report cards distributed
5 - LCS Craft sale at WC