GLC Weekly Newsletter
April 24, 2022
What's Happening This Week
Monday, April 25
- Zumba, 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Wear BLUE for Autism awareness! (MPR)
Tuesday, April 26
- Track team celebration, 3:15-4:00 p.m. (playground)
- Speedcubing Club (Gr 5-8), 3:15-4:00 p.m. (Rm 51)
- Open House, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- SHINE spirit wear
- Gr 3-4 Sequoia Kings Canyon Park Ranger classroom visit
National Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2-6. Mark your calendars for GLC's World's Fair on Friday, May 13, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Special Zumba Class for Autism Awareness
Gr K-5 Summer School Registration
There are still a few seats available for this year's FREE summer school for elementary students. This is a FANTASTIC opportunity to enroll your child in an enriching summer program. Students will be interesting topics as part of Project-based Learning (PBL) units that will culminate with a field trip! If you're going to be around this summer, we encourage ALL families to enroll.
To enroll, complete this VUSD Summer School Registration form OR call our front office at 730-7768.
Here’s what else you need to know:
- Summer school will be held Monday thru Thursday from June 13th to June 30th.
- School will begin at 8:15 a.m. and end at 12:15.
- Breakfast will be served about 7:45 a.m. and lunch will be offered during the school day.
- GLC students will attend the summer school at Four Creeks elementary school (1844 N Burke St, Visalia). Transportation will be provided for qualifying students.
Open House - Thursday, April 28 (5:30-7:00 p.m.)
When on campus, be sure to visit the following:
- Your child's homeroom class
- Your child's Spanish teacher (Rm 11)
- Any specialist classes that your child attends (e.g., RISE Room, Learning Center)
- Our library
We hope you'll also visit these additional booths:
- Make your voice heard by completing our Parent Survey (and get a free candy!)
- Get more information about the HEART program
- Learn about our pre-school program
- Pick a FREE book from our lightly-used book collection
GLC teachers and staff are excited to see you!
Seeking Volunteers for our World's Fair!
HEART Offering UTK for 2022-23
Enrollment for 2022-23
We are continuing to accept applications for the 2022-23 school year. If space is not available in your child’s grade, she/he will be placed on a waiting list by grade level. Seats will be offered on a first-come, first-serve, basis. If you have friends or family who may be interested in attending GLC, please share this information with them. While we have waitlists at some grade levels, we currently have a few openings for grades 3-4. Applications are available on our website and in our front office.
To celebrate Earth Day, some of our students made pledges to take care of our Earth for generations to come.
Studying Van Gogh's Art
Our K-2 students are studying Van Gogh as part of their Wednesday art classes. Here students are applying his style to a landscape.
Championship Track Meet
Our Track & Field athletes finished up a great season at Friday's championship track meet. Our athletes learned a lot about the importance of practice and hard work, while also enjoying the fun of physical activity and comraderie!