Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
* Book orders due next week (send in by Wed or order online by Thurs)
* If you need to change or confirm a conference time, email me or send a note with your child.
Questions to Ask:
* Show me the "ladder method" for finding the prime factors for 30. (2, 3, & 5 are the prime factors)
* Show me the "prime factorization of 30. (30=2 * 3 * 5)
* Show me the ladder method of finding the greatest common factor for 12 and 32. (GCF is 4)
* History: Two activities this week...check-in with your child and see which was his/her favorite:
1. Close Reading - Early Man (graphic organizer)
2. Document-Based Questions (DBQ): Using 5 documents (writing, art, photos), students in small groups compared early man communities to civilizations.
* Science: What are you looking forward to most in Science this year?
"Stuff" in Boomerang
-book order info (how to order online or in class)
-missing assignment lists (only if applicable)
-our weekly schedule-- for your use (we all need to make appointments)
The folders were really full, so I thought I'd highlight a few things. Have a great weekend!