Miss Diana's February Newsletter
We love our Sunshine families!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Feb. 2-3
VALENTINE'S PARTIES IN CLASS: Feb. 12-13
- Please let your kiddo bring in 12 valentines to pass out to their friends. (11 valentines for their friends, and 1 for them.) To help the giving go more smoothly, please don’t write any friends' names on the valentines, but instead, write “From (your child).”
NO SCHOOL: Feb. 16 (President's Day)
NO PRESCHOOL: Feb. 20 (Parent Teacher Conferences)
- SIGN UP HERE
- I look forward to discussing your child's progress so far as well as helping you with your plans for Kindergarten. All conferences will be held during class time; thus, there will be no preschool those days. Sign up at the link above for your time.
- KINDERGARTEN INFO NIGHT: Mar. 10 from 7-8 p.m. at the Schoolhouse
BE SURE to attend. You'll find out all the pros and cons of public vs. private Kindergarten, registration info, and lots more! PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR NOW. Childcare will be available if needed, so bring your spouse. You do NOT want to miss this! :)
- REGISTRATION OPEN FOR Summer Camp/Fall Preschool/Kindergarten: Mar. 9-20
Registration packets will be handed out Mar. 9-10 and are due back by Mar. 20 to guarantee your child's spot. (Public can register April 1.) Please budget for registration fees: $20 for summer camp, $50 for preschool, or $100 for Kindergarten.
- NO SCHOOL: Mar. 23-27 (Spring Break)
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERING DEADLINE: SUNDAY, Feb. 8
This book is just $1! Every time you place an order, your classroom gets a FREE book - thanks!
Ice, Snow, Penguins, and fun!
Coming up we will be learning about bears, hearts, Valentines, friends, and we will turn our dress-up area into an ice cream shop, among other things.
We are almost finished with our winter assessments leading up to our conferences. It has been great to see all the growth! I encourage you to come in for a conference, especially if you have questions or concerns. It is very helpful if you email those questions in advance so I can have a response or recommendation prepared for you. We only have 15-minute conferences so time is limited and any preparation I can do in advance is helpful. Just hit "REPLY" to this email. :)
Thank you for trusting me to be a part of your child's life.