MP@Phelps Family Newsletter
We are coming close to the end of this school year.
- Kindergarten will end the year on Friday, June 9th, so we can begin screening for our incoming kindergarten students for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Kindergarten will host Joe's Crazy Critters on May 25th.
- Grade 1 will visit Duxbury on a field trip scheduled for May 23rd.
- Grade 2 will be going bowling on May 18th.
- Grade 3 will take a walking field trip using their mapping skills to navigate Rockland Center and visit several places of interest on May 25th.
- The high school seniors will stop by and walk-thru MP@Phelps as part of their final days as they visit each elementary school the kids attended and then Rogers Middle School.
- We will hold our annual field day on Wednesday, June 7th. This year we will be using the Veterans Memorial Stadium. Thank you to the Rockland Parks Department for allowing us to use this area!
- Grade 4 will celebrate the end-of-their time at Memorial Park with a move-up ceremony and day of fun on Wednesday, June 14th.
If we missed anything, I will update you on Class Dojo or in our June Newsletter.
May Dates to Remember
Grade 4: Tuesday, May 2 & Wednesday, May 3
Grade 3: Monday, May 8 & Tuesday, May 9
Early Release Day
Thursday, May 4; 12:00 p.m. dismissal
Memorial Day Celebration @ Veterans Memorial Stadium
Friday, May 26; 9:30 a.m.
Memorial Day; No school
Monday, May 29
Calendar Changes to Note
Thursday, June 1st, is a scheduled early release day at noon.
The following are changes/updates to the school calendar.
Kindergarten will have their last day of school on Friday, June 9th, with a noon dismissal.
Grades 1-4 will have early release days on Thursday, June 15th & Friday, June 16th, with a noon dismissal.
Grade 1-4 will have their last school day on Friday, June 16th.
Poem in Your Pocket!
Friday, April 28th, was National Poem in Your Pocket Day. Students celebrated by wearing a pocket with a poem and sharing it across grade levels.
End-of-Year Assessment Data
Title I Needs Assessment Family Survey
Title I is a federally funded program under the ESEA (Elementary and Secondary Education Act). The MA DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) allocates funds to districts based on the number of children from low-income families. Rockland operates a school-wide Title I program. Our district spends the funds based on the District Strategic Plan, School Improvement Plans, student needs, and your input! Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.