LVJHS Weekly Bulletin 12/11/2015
Dear LVJHS Family,
We have five days until our much deserved and anticipated Christmas Break! I know everyone will be working hard in the week ahead to make sure this time is purposeful and impactful for our students. Our students will be dismissed at 12:30 on Friday, and our staff will meet briefly at 1:00 pm in the cafeteria for a short meeting to outline our plan for interventions when we return to school in January. The schedule for Friday (12/18/15) was sent out last week.
Last week, retention supplements were delivered to our staff members. On Friday, Dr. Moreno is also allowing us leave early (at 2:30 pm). We are blessed to work in our organization as we are valued by our leader, school board, and community.
In the next few days, please continue to support each other, and let us know how to support you all as well. All staff may wear jeans next week.
Thank you all for making LVJHS a great place for students!
La Vernia Junior High School
P.S. If you have not completed the discipline survey, please do so.
Please check out Lead4ward.com to check out some powerful learning tools. Visit the link below to see some awesome instructional strategies in the STAAR4ward section in the Lead4ward website. Use "learn2lead" in the password area.
Please check out the memory pegs link to learn how to increase student retention through the use of movement and association; Mr. Kosub will model how to use these at our next faculty meeting.
Staff Spotlight: Mrs. Hubert!
Fundamental Five Focus...
Small group purposeful talk requires the teacher to invest time in writing seed questions. These seed questions are essential to allowing students to practice academic vocabulary and to explore the concepts from classroom instruction. Students should get between 30 seconds to 3 minutes to discuss these seed questions in small groups (2-4 students). Remember, the teacher must be in the power zone to hear these conversations and check for student comprehension to fully utilize the power of this practice.
Please take time to complete the Discipline Survey in Google Forms. We want your feedback on how we are serving our students and staff in the area of student discipline.
Sixth Grade Science Students Graph Speed in Hands on Lab!
Second Nine Weeks at a Glance
- October 26, 22015: LVJHS Volleyball vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade @ HOME)
- October 29, 2015: LVJHS Football vs Pleasanton (7/8th grade @ HOME)
- Oct. 26, 2015 Beginning of Sem 1 Cycle 2 (2nd ) 9 week Grading Period
- Oct. 26, 2015 LVJHS vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade HOME) (Volleyball)
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 LVJHS Book Fair in the La Vernia Jr. High Library
- Oct. 27, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00 am
- Oct. 28, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 1 (9wk) Report Card Issued
- Oct. 29, 2015 LVJHS vs Pleasanton 7th/8th grade @ HOME (Football)
- Oct. 29, 2015 PEP RALLY
- October 30, 2015: Early Release/Staff Development
- Nov. 1, 2015 LVJHS VB vs Gonzales @Gonzales (5:00PM)
- Nov. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades are DUE
- Nov. 17, 2015 PTO MEETNG @ 9:00am
- Nov. 18, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Nov. 23-27, 2015 THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Dec. 14, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades DUE
- Dec. 15, 2015 JH Band Concert
- Dec. 15, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00am
- Dec. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Dec. 16, 2015 HISTORY FAIR
- DEC. 18, 2015 EARLY RELEASE/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- DEC. 21-JAN 4 WINTER BREAK>>>HOLIDAY
- JAN. 4, 2015 STUDENT HOLIDAY; STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Jan. 11, 2015 School Board Meeting
- Jan. 15, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card Grades are DUE
- Jan. 19, 2015 Semester 2 BEGINS
- Jan. 20, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card ISSUED