North Metro Flex Academy
Where You're Challenged...and Belong
SEE YOU AT THE CARNIVAL ON FRIDAY!!!!!
Dear NMFA Families,
Here is a TO DO LIST for the week:0)
- Turn in the permission slip for the Hill Murray field trip. We are going to HM on Thursday, May 11 to see The LIttle Mermaid.
- Selling raffle tickets for the Carnival?
- Buying pre-sale tickets for the carnival?
- Just a reminder that NMFA Carnival is coming up this Friday, May 12! Students were given the opportunity to sell raffle tickets and purchase pre-sale game tickets. All raffle tickets must be turned in by Thursday May 11th. The VIP pass winners will then be announced Friday May 12th! If you are in need of more tickets please have your student's ask the office. All money must be turned in at the same time as the tickets. Thank you!
- We still have Twins Tickets for Tuesday, May 23. Please respond to the google form or call the office if you still would like tickets.
We are sending out the request form again for MN Twins Tickets for the Tuesday May 23rd game at 6:40. If you had already requested tickets for this game we have you on the list and ask that you do not re-request for tickets. This form will close Wednesday May 17th. Please use the form below to request!
¡Buenas noches familias de NMFA!
Estamos enviando nuevamente el formulario de solicitud de boletos para los MN Twins para el juego del martes 23 de mayo a las 6:40. Si ya había solicitado boletos para este juego, lo tenemos en la lista y le pedimos que no vuelva a solicitar boletos. Este formulario se cerrará el miércoles 17 de mayo. ¡Utilice el siguiente formulario para solicitarlo!
Twins Ticket Request/Solicitud de entradas para gemelos
- Sign up for the Summer Enrichment Academy
It is time to sign up for our Summer Enrichment Academy. Please follow the link below to sign up your student(s)!!
Summer Enrichment Academy Sign Up
Buenas tardes familias de NMFA,
Es hora de inscribirse en nuestra Academia de Enriquecimiento de Verano. ¡Siga el enlace a continuación para inscribir a su (s) estudiante (s)!
Inscríbase en la Academia de Enriquecimiento de Verano
I HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU AT THE CARNIVAL THIS FRIDAY!!!!
Be safe, kind and responsible!
Check out the Classroom Newsletters!
Fun in the Sun with Kindergarten Art Class!
What CAN I do?
Can you NAME your Feelings?
Did you know that there are many ways to describe how you are feeling, sometimes it is hard to come up with the right word!
Take a look at this list and see if you might find a word that helps describe a feeling you are having!
The more TOOLS we have the BETTER we can be EVERYDAY!
Create a space where your family can see emotion words or faces in 1 place near an entrance of a room (like the kitchen or the living room). Each time someone walks through the entrance this week (or longer!), have them share the emotion they are feeling in a Creative way. You could point, dance, stare, do charades, etc.
Emotion Elements & Emotion Words: [Air] represents emotions like nervous, distracted, inspired, or anxious. We use the character [Water] to represent emotions like sad, lonely, tired, or embarrassed. [Fire] represents emotions like anger, frustration, excitement, or fear. [Earth] represents emotions like comfortable, relaxed, motivated, or loving.
- Can you share with me a time when you were able to use Creativity to solve a problem recently? How were you feeling?
- Why do you think it is important to share how we feel to others?
The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
Where can a single dot take you? Read this Creativity masterpiece before creating your own.
Summer Enrichment for ALL ages
SCHOOL BREAKFAST AND LUNCH MENUS:
Friendly Reminder to all families and students
Thursday, May 11
All School Field Trip to Hill Murray High School for
The Little Mermaid Musical
Friday, May 12
School Carnival, and Art Fair 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Acapulco Taco Stand
Tuesday, May 23
Twins Game 6:40 PM (sign up for tickets)
Friday, May 26
6th-8th Grade Valley Fair Field Trip extended day
Kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd Grade field trip to Como Zoo
Monday, May 29
Memorial Day - No school
Wednesday, May 30
All School Concert 9:00 AM - ON site families welcome!!
Thursday, June 1
Kindergarten and 8th Grade Graduation Times TBD
Grades 3,4,5 Walking Field Trip to SIlver Lake and DQ
Friday, June 2
Last day of school for students
Track and Field Day
Summer Enrichment Academy - SIGN UP NOW See link in your email! There will also be a paper registration form sent home! FUN themes!!
Tuesdays and Thursdays will be from 9: 00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesdays will be from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM FIELD TRIP DAYS
**Snacks on T/Th, Snacks and lunch on Wednesdays
June 13 - 15
June 20 - 22
June 27 - 29
July 11 - 13
July 18 - 20
**Beat the Heat Event TBD
Reminder: Vaccine available for children 5 to 11 years old
Governor Tim Walz announced that Minnesotans can schedule appointments for children ages 5-11 to receive an updated bivalent booster at state-run vaccination sites. The announcement follows updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that expanded the use of updated (bivalent) COVID-19 vaccines to children ages 5 through 11 years to protect them against newer Omicron variants.
Minnesota health care providers are ready to administer new COVID-19 booster shots for ages 5 and older that have been formulated to be more effective against the Omicron variants. Attached you will find high-level talking points on the Bivalent vaccine.
The Pfizer bivalent booster is now available for people 5 and older and the Moderna bivalent vaccine is now available for people 6 and older.Both products can be given as soon as two months after a primary vaccine series or booster vaccination. Children 5-11 receive a smaller dose than people age 12 and older. The bivalent vaccines are only recommended for use as a booster.
The updated COVID-19 boosters can both help restore protection that has decreased since previous vaccination and provide broader protection against newer variants. The COVID-19 vaccines and the updated booster are safe and help protect people from getting very sick with COVID-19. Even if you’ve already had COVID-19, you should get vaccinated.
State-Run Vaccination Sites
Vaccination will start this week at the state-run vaccination sites at Mall of America, Duluth, Moorhead, Rochester, and St. Paul. Parents can start making appointments now.
- Mall of America appointment link
- Duluth (DECC) appointment link
- Moorhead appointment link
- Rochester appointment link
- Paul Midway appointment link
All state-run vaccination sites will offer the Pfizer bivalent boosters. Appointments are recommended but walk ins will be accepted.
Where to Get a Bivalent Booster
There are several options for where to get a bivalent booster.
- Check with your regular health care provider or local pharmacy to see if appointments are available.
- Minnesotans can make appointments at the state-run vaccination sites now: State Run Sites
- Use the state’s Find Vaccine Locations map to find vaccine providers near you—providers will update their information as appointments are available.
- Check for vaccine appointments at Vaccines.gov, where you can search for appointments by vaccine type (e.g., Pfizer).
- Watch for vaccination clinics being offered at other community locations around Minnesota.
Need to Know Information for the school year!
Important Contacts at NMFA
o Debbie Kranz – Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
o Dave Isaacson – Special Education Director email@example.com
o Chelsea Smieja – Operations Manger firstname.lastname@example.org
o Jessaca Karg – Office Manager email@example.com
Please take a look at some of our important times we have at NMFA:
School Hours 7:30a– 2:00p
Building hours: 7:00a – 2:30p
Lunches: Start at 10:50a – 12:10p
Wolf Pack: 2:00p-4:30p grade KG-6th for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
( See Below )