WOGA School News
STAAR Testing Week
STAAR Testing Reminders - This information is from the Connexus Newsletter
- 3rd Math
- 4th Math
- 6th Math
- 7th Math (Skye and Courtney)
- 3rd Reading
- 4th Reading
- 6th Reading
- 7th Reading
- 5th Science
- 8th Science
- 8th Social Studies
Important Parent/Student Information
*Frisco Testing Location: Cascade Events Center - 5909 Stone Creek Drive, The Colony, TX 57056
* Students should ARRIVE at 8:30 a.m.! If you anticipate a late arrival, please call Ms. Fitzgerald, our site coordinator & emergency contact person.
* A parent/LC/CT/guardian MUST sign their student in with a photo id. A student can NOT sign his/her self in (unless s/he is a student driver with an approved permission form.)
* Students should bring: #2 pencils, a snack and/or lunch, bottled water, and a book to read when your student completes testing. Please make sure your student’s food and belongings are marked with his or her name.
* Candy is not a good lunch option. Candy brought as a “meal” will be collected and returned at the end of the day. You may bring a few mints, however!
* We will provide dictionaries, thesauri, and graphing calculators for tests allowing these items.
* NO electronic devices allowed — this includes cell phones, MP3s, I Pods, E-readers or tablets, gaming devices, calculators, etc. If a student arrives with these, we MUST confiscate them.
***Cell phones must be left at home.
* If a student is found with an electronic device after testing has begun, his or her test may be invalidated.
* Students may not speak out or leave their seats during testing without permission – students are encouraged to raise their hand to ask for help with directions. Students may also ask for a water, restroom, or snack break by raising their hand.
* Test time for STAAR and EOC testers is approximately from 9:30 a.m.– 2:30 p.m. Dismissal times are at lunch break or at the end of testing day.
* Please be aware of all test dates for your student(s). TCAH students are required to attend all testing in order to maintain enrollment in our school.
Our 1st End of the School Year Graduation and Celebration!
Please join us on Tuesday, May 17th at 7:00pm for out 1st (ANNUAL) Graduation and Celebration! This is a great opportunity to show our girls how proud we are of their amazing academic accomplishments this year, and to celebrate our graduating 8th graders.
This event will be held in our (transformed) classroom and will include dinner and drinks. The cost is 14.00/person and includes salad, garlic bread, beef lasagna, turkey lasagna, carb-free veggie lasagna, and dessert. Bring the family and take a night off from cooking!
RSVPs and checks need to be in by Monday, May 9th. Please make checks payable to Imagine the Possibilities Consulting, LLC. Cost is 14.00/person.
The evite link is HERE and will also be emailed to you:)
Connections Academy Awards - ALL OF OUR GIRLS ARE GETTING AN AWARD!!!!!
Our ladies are such hard workers! EVERY student is receiving an award for the year from TCAH. The information was sent to you in a webmail, and I am also pasting it below! We are so very proud of them!
Has been selected to receive an award for academic excellence at TCAH.
We are so proud of our award winners, and we invite you to celebrate with us at an Awards Ceremony.
The three Awards Ceremony dates and locations are:
Thursday, May 19 Hurst Conference Center, 1601 Campus Drive, Hurst, TX 76044
Check in Time: 6:15 PM
Program Time: 7:00 PM
Please RSVP by replying to this Webmail no later than Tuesday, May 10, 2015 only if you plan to attend. Tell us which ceremony, and how many people will attend with your award winner.
We realize that not everyone is close enough to travel to a ceremony, and if you are not able to attend, your award will be sent to you via U.S. mail.
Congratulations on your achievement and we hope to see you at an Awards Ceremony!
The end is near......
- Wednesday, May 11th - Wacky Wednesday - PJ Day!
- Friday, May 13th - School until 4:00pm
- Tuesday, May 17th - 7:00pm WOGA SCHOOL 1st ANNUAL GRADUATION AND END OF THE YEAR CELEBRATION!!! This year, we have out 1st graduating class! Please RSVP using the Evite
- Tuesday, May 17th 12:00pm - Science Day at WOGA - We will have a science group join us for a special lesson on force and motion!
- Thursday, May 19th - TCAH awards ceremony - 6:15pm check in time
- Friday, May 20th - We will finish all lessons!!!
- Monday, May 23rd- Thursday, May 26th - Field trip week - time to get out of the gym and have some fun (details to come)!