A San Francisco Adventure
For Adrien Adams & Felicia Turner
T0 THE BEST TRAINER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD...
Love you much my sister,
What is the Nike Women's Race?
Our TENTATIVE Daily ITINERARY
Friday, October 16th
- On Thursday (24 hours in advance), check in online at Southwest Airlines
- Meet at the Austin Airport at 4:00 a.m @ gate (Be sure to take an early morning pic. I'm going to scrapbook this event PLUS my mother wants to see plenty of pictures)
- Flight departs Austin, TX @ 5:45 am & arrives in San Francisco @ 9:20 am
- Early Bird Check - In @ Hotel ~ 11:00 am
- Settle Into Room & Change Clothes (comfortable because we are going on a Nike Scavenger Hunt)
- Nike Women's Race - Pack It Pick Up & Get Spectator Shuttle Pass for Adrien @ 12:30 pm
- Lunch - Let's feel it out, but somewhere on our route!
- Nike + Services Scavenger Hunt with a stop by Lombard Street along the route
- Pictures by We Run SF (sample below)
- Catch a Cable Car to a seafood dinner @ at Fisherman's Wharf
- Back to hotel & rest for next day!
Nike Packet Pick Up & Nike + Services Excursion
Friday, Oct. 16th, 12-8pm
335 Powell Street
San Francisco, CA
We will visit each location to experience the best of Nike Innovation so I can earn the limited edition Nike Women SF earring collection at each location (*while supplies last of course) So, that's why we have to hit the streets! :) By the way, Nike + Services are compliments of Nike after we complete the designated service they are providing. c
Saturday, October 17th
- Work Out at United Barbell Crossfit Gym in San Francisco from 8:30 - 9:30 am. Here's the link to the gym, with all instructions that we need to follow. According to Goolge, the location is 2 miles from our hotel. http://www.unitedbarbell.com/visiting-athletes/ An interesting find on their website: "Visiting CrossFit affiliate owners WOD for free for up to a week. Please bring your business card, and we wouldn't say no to a t- shirt!"
- On the Go Breakfast
- Golden Gate Bridge Ride Route to Spend Day Exploring Muir Woods & Muir Beach from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (http://www.nps.gov/muwo/planyourvisit/hours.htm)
- Beach Exploration & Relaxation
- Depart Muir Woods @ 6:00 pm
- Rest & Get Prepped for Race Day
Sunday, October 18th ~ It's Race Day!
- Breakfast & Stretching @ 4:00 am
- Pre-Race Prep @ 3:30 am (dress very warm and wear our matching shirt)
- Adrien & Felicia's "Get Your Head in the Race Day" Prayer @ 4:55 am
- Depart for Race Day @ 5:00 am
- Race Starts @ 6:30 am - Start Line @ Union Station
- After Race ~ Enjoy Festivities, Catch Shuttle Back to Hotel & Change
- Afternoon Visit to Chinatown (Fortune Cookie Factory) & Pier 39
- Dinner/Out on the Town
- Pack for Early Morning Departure
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT RACE DAY MAP
This map shows us exactly where to go on race weekend with an
interactive course map. It allows you to explore mile markers,aid stations, shopping locations and more. It's pretty much the entire Nike Itinerary!
Here's the link:
Monday, October 19th
- Catch shuttle to San Francisco Airport
- Say Goodbye to San Franciso @ 4:00 am ...Yes, another early morning departure!
- Arrive in Austin @ 1:00 pm
- Get some rest so we can do it again another time!!!