Week of September 13-17
COVID RESPONSE TEAM LETTER - Please click the link to read the 9/10/21 letter from the PWSSD COVID Response Team providing clarification on the COVID-19 contact tracing protocols.
TJMS SPIRIT WEAR -The Jaguar Parent Group (JPG) is kicking off the new year with a spirit wear sale! Check out this ONLINE LINK to order shirts, hats, water bottle, sweatshirts, and much more. Check out this flyer for more information. The logo is updated and will look great on any item you purchase to support TJMS. Deadline to order is September 15.
TJMS BAND SHIRT - TJMS Band shirt order forms and parade signups are due Thursday, 9/16. Please turn them in to the office. Contact Mr. Hackbarth with any questions. Here are the links to the parade google forms - 6th grade parade google form and 7th/8th grade parade google form
5th GRADE PARENT ORIENTATION NIGHT was Thursday, Sept 9. Thank you to the parents who were able to join us. If you were not able to attend please CLICK HERE to see the presentation from the orientation.
BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND FREE & REDUCED PROGRAM INFORMATION - PWSSD is excited to kick off another school year. Following is information specific to breakfast, lunch, and free/reduced programs.
- Hot Lunch Program - Free for any student who would like hot lunch. A la carte options are also available for purchase at TJMS and will need money in the student's account.
- *NEW* Breakfast Program - Starting Tuesday September 7 breakfast will be available to any student for free. TJMS will be open for breakfast at 7:00am.
- Free and Reduced Program *New* features - If you would like to apply for free and reduced programs please print the application and district form OR pick up copies in the school or district offices.
8th GRADE WASHINGTON DC TRIP - Informational meeting Wednesday, September 15, 6p-7p in the cafeteria. The trip will be April 21-23, 2022.
7th GRADE OUTDOOR ED - Camp will be held at Camp Anokijig located on Little Elkhart Lake. 7th grade students will be at camp for two full days. There will not be an overnight stay this year. More information and permission slip is available in this INFO PACKET.
9/13/21 update - Two additional forms have been added.
- Anokijig COVID Waiver - complete and turn in to TJMS office
- Symptom Screening Form - complete and turn in the morning your student(s) is going to camp.
- Group 1 Monday October 4 (7:40a-5:00p) and Tuesday October 5 (7:40a-2:44p)
- Group 2 Wednesday October 6 (7:40a-5:00p) and Thursday October 7 (7:40a-2:44p)
GRAB & GO THURSDAYS - Two Thursdays a month, students who are signed up for the program will take home easy-to-prepare food and snacks in a brown paper bag. The intent of the program is to ensure families have food for the weekend ahead. Any family may complete this registration form and return it to school.
If you have questions about this program please contact:
- Susan Michel, School Counselor (A-L) 262-268-6128
- Christin Johnson, School Counselor (M-Z) 262-268-6126
- Lori Bruno, School Psychologist 262-268-6109
TJMS SCHOOL STORE - School Store will be open every other Friday for 5th & 6th grade, beginning Friday September 17th during lunch. The TJ School Store is run by our PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention Support) committee. The students earn “Paw” tickets throughout their school day by demonstrating positive behaviors, and they can spend their Paw tickets on items that are for sale at the store. Behaviors that warrant earning Paw tickets include demonstrating kindness and responsibility. We stock the School Store with two categories of items. One is general school supplies, including computer mice, earbuds, staplers, rulers, pencil sharpeners, pens, and pencils. The other category are gadgets such as sensory items, magnetic games, rubix cubes, art supplies, gift certificates, and other fun items.
PWSSD / TJMS General Info Links
TJMS - Activities / Athletics / Clubs Links
John Bunyan - Assistant Principal / Athletic Director
All athletes are required to have the following forms completed and returned to the TJMS Office PRIOR to the first day of practice - physical form OR alternate year athletic permit and concussion form along with payment of the $60 sports fee.
- Auditions for musical cast are open to all choir students in grades 5-8 and band students in grades 7-8.
- Crew is open to choir students in grades 6-8 or band students in grades 7-8. Applications can be picked up from Mrs. Raaflaub starting September 13 and will be due September 17.
Musical performances will be:
- Student performance during the school day Thursday November 18
- Public performances Friday November 19 and Saturday November 20
TJMS DANCE TEAM - Please contact coach Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org
JAGUAR SINGERS - Auditions will be the week of September 27. Rehearsals will be Mondays and Thursdays 6:45a - 7:20a beginning Monday, October 4. CLICK HERE for additional info or contact Mrs. Raaflaub with any questions.
JAGUAR JAZZ BAND - Sign up will be at the end of September. Rehearsals will be Tuesdays and Fridays 6:45a - 7:20a beginning Tuesday, October 12. CLICK HERE for additional info or contact Mr. Hackbarth with any questions.
CHESS CLUB - will begin on Tuesday, October 12th from 3:00 - 4:00. It will run for 10 weeks. It will run again second semester for another 10 weeks. Please complete the permission slip and turn it in to the TJMS office.
Jaguar Parent Group (JPG)
The Jaguar Parent Group can be reached by email at: email@example.com
- President: Britany Buechel / Erin Price
- Vice President: Amy Gilhooly / Julie Wilson
- Secretary: Jennifer Dimmer
- Treasurer: Stacy Marchek
- Volunteer Coordinator: Christina Olson
- Public Relations: Dawn Rychtik
Jaguar Parent Group's (JPG) mission is to support, nurture and enhance the educational process at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. JPG is a volunteer organization dedicated to providing classroom support, enrichment opportunities and extracurricular events for the children and families of Thomas Jefferson Middle School.
If you have any questions, please contact Christina Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2022 JPG Meeting Dates - first Thursday of every month (excluding December) 6:30pm in the TJMS Library: September 2, October 7, November 4, January 6, February 3, March 3, April 7, May 5
Please check these links for info, events, and registration:W.J. Niederkorn Library - Port Washington - Teen Café is back every Tuesday and Thursday. Free for teens in grades 7-12.
Oscar Grady Library - Saukville
Port Washington Parks & Recreation - Fall gymnastics will begin September 22. Check their website or call 262-284-5881 for registration and additional information.
Port Gridiron Club - Buccaneers youth football
Saukville Rebels - youth football
Wisconsin Humane Society - Ozaukee Campus
Ozaukee County 4-H Virtual Open House - Join Ozaukee County 4-H leaders and members to learn about what Oz Co 4-H has to offer. Fill out this google form to be emailed the ZOOM link. Email email@example.com for additional information.
Tri-County Visual Arts Afterschool 4-H Club for grades 6-12
Steve Sukawaty - Principal
Jodi Swagel - Assistant Principal
John Bunyan - Assistant Principal / Athletic Director
Office hours: Mon - Thu 7a - 4p, Friday 7a - 3p
Phone: 262-268-6100 - Fax: 262-268-6120
Attendance line: 262-268-6101
Attendance email: firstname.lastname@example.org