The Bowerman Star
November 23, 2015
Support from Kiwanis
Nov. 24 NO STAFF MEETING!
Nov. 25-27 Thanksgiving Vacation
Dec. 1 Hamlin in the Morning at 7:00 in Library
Dec. 1 Parent & Community Meet and Greet Mrs. Valchev
Dec. 2 Monthly Assemblies: 3rd-5th at 9:15 & K-2nd at 1:45
Dec. 8 Staff Meeting at 3:15 in Library
Dec. 9 Mrs. Webb out for district Leadership Meeting/Job Alike
Dec. 10-11 STAR Store Extravaganza
Week of Nov. 22-23
How are your students practicing digital literacy? Do they know what they are 'doing' and why? Is their learning relevant and personalized? Food for thought...
Information for YOU!
- Our kids are rocking Lexia! Bunches and bunches of our kids are meeting their weekly minutes. Way to go! Keep keeping our adaptive software front and center.
- 3rd-5th Grade Teachers: The goal is to make sure that student devices go home with a specific purpose by Thanksgiving. What is your plan for making this happen? There is footwork to happen prior to devices going home. Remember that you need to contact me when you are ready, We will need to send home a parent prep letter at least 3-4 days prior to devices going home.
- Our IGNiTE goal is to make sure 3rd -5th grade students are experiencing reading text online. Digital literacy is huge! What does it look like in your mind? How will our students know when they are experiencing online digital literacy?
- Please be reflective and make sure you are using our established building-wide behavior system. Things to remember:
2. Specials should not be taken from students as a consequence for behaviors (that do not happen as a result of playground behavior).
- PE equipment will no longer be available to classes to take outside during recess. These items will be reserved for Coach Runnels and Coach Orfs PE classes.
- See Mrs. Schindele's link (below) for a quick video on RESPONSIBILITY.
- If you have not done so, consider moving forward with involving your class to set a class attendance goal. There is nothing better than seeing a group of kids work together toward a common goal! :)
- Jeans Days-a-Plenty! With the sale of jeans tickets for the Pay It Forward campaign, we will be having lots of jeans days. Please check in with Mrs. Lori on the days you are using a jeans coupon and she will give you a stamp. Please keep in mind that even in jeans we should look like the professionals we are. Please leave the jeans at home if I have communicated in advance that we will have district VIPs in the building. Thank you!
- If you would like to give a colleague a pat on the back, consider filling out an online recognition form. The link is as follows: http://www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org/pages/SPSMO/DistrictInfo/Springfield_Learning_Model/Staff/Employee_Recognition_Form
- Please pick up a few Outstanding Behavior and Academic Achievement forms from the front office. If you have a student that is “walking on water” with improving their behavior and/or academic status, please consider filling one out. We will recognize these ‘outstanding’ award winners during our monthly Bowerman Star assemblies.
Nov 24 Stephanie Reid
Nov 26 Kristie Bennett
The mission of the Bowerman community is to equip our students to be successful and literate 21st century learners.