Top TEN News @ Weston
September 6th, 2019
2. IDOE's literacy team has created Literacy Family Guides for each elementary grade level K-5. These guides share grade level skills and ideas for how parents can get involved in their child's education. Click here to view the Spanish translation! These can also be found on the Weston website under the Parent Resources tab.
3. Donuts with Dad breakfast! We would love to have your student and their dad, grandpa, uncle, or special friend join us for some donuts on September 13th between the hours of 6:45am and 7:30am. The cost will be $2 per person. Please RSVP to the event here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8h3w7x5 We also ask that you park in the designated spot for this event. See the attached map. The doors will open promptly at 6:45am and we ask that you say your goodbyes to your student by 7:30am so they can get to their classroom to start their day!
We are also looking for a few volunteers to help with this event. If you are interested in helping, please follow this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044BACA623AAFA7-donuts1
A flyer is attached.
4. How can you help your children deal with stress? One tool is 4-7-8 Breathing. See the attached video our students have watched to learn more. On a side note . . . . this tool works well for the principal too :)
5. ILEARN scores were released for the state of Indiana this week. You might have heard in the news that the scores were low for many schools and corporations across the state. Greenfield-Central Schools and Weston did well! We have areas that we will focus on to ensure growth and also prepare our students for this spring’s assessment. All students that took the test last year have access to their reports in Powerschool. Below you can see the information sheet that was shared with those parents.
6. Our monthly EXTRA news can be found in the download section below. This gives more details of all the EXTRA things going on at Weston.
7. Gleaners Food Bank is once again making the BackSack program available to students during the 2019-2020 school year. The program provides a weekly sack of kid-friendly, shelf stable food to selected students for the weekends. This year’s bags will include: Beef Ravioli, Spaghetti, 100% fruit juice, Pudding cup, Peanut Butter Squeezer, 2 Clif Z-Bars, and an Assorted Bonus Item. If one of these bags would be helpful for your family, please contact Mrs. Miller @ Weston for additional information. email@example.com or 317-462-1492
8. The following students (pictured below) were recognized this week for demonstrating the character trait of RESPECT:
Kindergarten: Eddie Bernal, Johnnie Ortega, Barrett Flink, Reese Callahan, Charlotte Buwalda, Quinton Conover, Addison Galbreath, Hudson Jordan, Ada-Mae Moore, Mia Muegge, Izabella Savage, Grace Stangle, Zaian Taylor, Briella York
1st grade: Addison Fields, Maya Hammelman, Landon Brancamp, Alexi Kitcoff, Charlie Fedor, Ella Jones, Jaxon Nolting, Zoey Turpin, Jackson Moncrief, Scarlett Russell, Lily Hall, Chase Carlson, Journey Murray, Jackson Taylor, Amelia North, Adrian Stark
2nd grade: Jordynn Deckard, Iker Contrearas, Chyler Dodds, David Cavaletto, Maddie Kingsbury, Nolan Lee, Madyson Bordenkircher, Micah Miller, Olivia Horsley, Emmit Stroughton, Addi Wolfla, Harper Daniels, Nolan Scott
3rd grade: Delaney Beaver, Adelyn Brewer, Mason Parsons, Miles Dickinson, Draven Nolting, Taylor Turner, Makai Murray, Joey Jarrett, Lily Capen, Sylus Gray, Dalton Scott, Addison Smith, Rylee Conaway, Madison Robbins, Duke Pfeiffer
9. We had 176 students earn Perfect Attendance for the month of August. This is 51% of our student population attending school every second of every day!
10. The next School Board Meeting is at 7:00 on Monday the 9th at 700 N. Broadway.
Mental Health Workshop
Little Cougars Grades K-6
ILEARN Parent Info
This document was sent with ILEARN scores to parents in grades 4-11.
Fall Registration is OPEN!
Indiana Children's Band
Greenfield Central School Foundation
Donate today :)
It's not too early to start!