Welcome Back Wolverines!!
Now that you have made a smooth transition into the 2017-2018 school year, challenge yourself to get involved. That is the key to making the most of your high school experience. Check out the plethora of student clubs on campus. Looking for more opportunities? Come see your counselor, we are happy to help!
Get Involved & Stay Connected
Another way to stay connected is to download the Westview App! You will have access to your grades, school schedule, student handbook and a list of events. Don't forget to add us on Twitter and Facebook!
More Ways to Stay Connected
Text to 81010 or 858-215-6489
Class of 2018
Class of 2019
Class of 2020
Class of 2021
You can also stay up do date on scheduled activities by accessing monthly calendars below.
Need a work permit? Questions for your counselor? Access to a printer? or just want to discuss present and future options?
The WOLVERINE CENTER is available before and after school, during lunch, and during Wolverine Time (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Students have access to:
- Career Technician
- Student Services
- Mental Health Resources
- College Rep Visits
9-12th grade Students
Explore Naviance/Family Connection
College Representatives at Westview
There are over a hundred college representatives that come to Westview.
Take advantage of the opportunities to meet those who may eventually review your admissions applications. Ask questions, obtain business cards and contact information, and follow up with a 'thank you' note.
College Fair Opportunities
- Sept. 5th University of Pennsylvania Register
- Sept. 18th Penn State University Register
- Sept. 19th, Division III College Sports Talk Register
- Sept. 21, Escondido USD College Fair Information
- Sept. 24, Northern Arizona University Register
- Sept. 26, Boston University Register
- Sept. 27, Discover Duke Register
- Sept. 28, Coast to Coast College Tour (Cal, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, & Vanderbilt) Register
- Sept. 28, Carnegie Mellon University Register
- Oct. 1, University of Southern California Register
- Oct. 2, Fordham University Register
- Oct. 3, San Marcos USD College Fair Information
- Oct. 4, North San Diego Coastal Area College Fair Information
- Oct. 8, Pepperdine University Information
- Oct. 10, San Diego Christian College Fair Information
- Oct. 14, Purdue University Register
- Oct. 14 Massachusetts Insititute of Technology Information Information
- Oct. 15, Emory University Register
- Oct. 15, University of Colorado, Boulder Register
- Oct. 18th, PUSD College Fair Information
- Oct. 18, University of Notre Dame Register
- Oct. 18, Emerson College Register
- Oct. 18, Tulane University Register
- Oct. 19, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Wellesley, & University of Virginia Register
- Oct. 21, New York University Register
- Oct. 25, Cal SOAP College Fair Information
- Oct. 28, San Diego Performing & Visual Arts Fair Information
- Nov. 5, Washington & Lee University Register
Important Dates & Deadlines
- September 8th- DEADLINE to register for October 7th SAT
- September 9th- ACT Testing
- September 22nd- DEADLINE to register for October 28th ACT
- September 29th- NON Student Day
- October 1st- FAFSA Application opens up- Click to apply here
- October 26st- FIRST QUARTER ENDS
Senior Class 2018
Applying to college? TIPS for Letter of Recommendations (LOR)
Determine the schools you will be applying to and which documents they need.
If your schools need a School Report or Counselor Letter of Rec:
- schedule a meeting: log onto MyConnect: WVHS Counseling 2017-18 Course, Select the Seniors Tab, Click on Letter of Recommendation Tab, Click on your counselor's name and choose a time)
- complete LOR packet for meeting: DOWNLOAD packet and complete your section and have your parents/guardians complete their sections prior to your scheduled appointment
- List all schools on Naviance/Family Connection under "colleges I'm applying to"
If your schools need a Teacher Letter of Recommendation:
- Talk to them NOW- the sooner the better
- Ask a teacher who you have built a relationship with and knows you well
- Provide teacher copy of your resume and any additional information they require
- Provide teacher with your list of colleges and your letter due dates
- List teachers in "letters of recommendation" on Naviance/Family Connection
September 18th- Early Action and Early Decision LOR counselor appointments begin
October 9th- LOR counselor appointments for regular decision applications begin
October 6th- Deadline for Early Application LOR counselor appointments
Volunteer & Job Opportunities
WANTED: Responsible and Energetic Students for Elementary Job Opportunities
Morning Creek Elementary ESS and other ESS sites are in need of new high school student aides. Student aides must be at least 16 years old to apply. Applications can be picked up at Sundance ESS.
Students can select schools of interest and list their availability. Most sites want someone at least 15 hours (five days a week).
Kwala is looking to hire musicians to teach their elementary aged clients. They currently need instructors in San Diego. Below are more details:
1.) Pay of $25 - $30 an hour
2.) All lesson take place in our clients homes. Instructors are given routes between 5 – 10 miles from their home.
3.) Part time positions available with flexible scheduling options.
4.) Easy to schedule around school, sports and other scheduling needs.