By: Deanna Shirey
What do they do?
Social Workers help people solve and cope there problems.
A Social Workers job is to develop plans to improve their clients’ well-being and try to Help their clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives. They also respond to crisis situations such as child abuse.
Different Types Of Social Workers
Child and family social workers protect vulnerable children and help parents find services like child care, or help them apply for benefits like food stamps. They help children that are neglected or being abused. Some help arrange adoptions, locate foster families, or work to get families back together.
Clinical social workers diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional disorders.
- anxiety and depression.
- They provide individual, group, family, and couples therapy
-Their job is to help their clients develop strategies to change behavior or cope with difficult situations.
School social workers work with teachers, parents, and school administrators to develop plans and strategies to improve students’ academic performance.
-they deal with problems such as aggressive behavior, bullying, or frequent absences from school.
Healthcare social workers help patients understand their diagnosis and make the necessary adjustments to their lifestyle, housing, or health care
Social workers work in all kinds of enviroments, some of those envirmonets include;
How do you Become one
- $54,560 for all other social workers
- $49,830 for healthcare social workers
- $41,530 for child, family, and school social workers
- $39,980 for mental health and substance abuse social workers
- Health educators
- Mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists
- Probation officers and correctional treatment specialists
- Rehabilitation counselors
- School counselors
- Substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors