The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of May 28, 2018
How will you change the world by sharing & supporting your opinion?
Thursday, May 31st, 3-4pm
- Budget Presentation w/Dr. Silverstein
- Rowan PDS Updates w/Eshe Price
Family Night: SUN'sational Summer Activities
Thursday, May 31st, 6-8pm
Ms. Alleman & Mr. Brown's 2nd graders are sharing & supporting their opinions!
Words to Inspire...
Orton Gillingham Graduation
Way to go Mrs. McConnell, Mrs. Marques, Mrs. McDermott, Mrs. Johnson & all the "OG" grads! We're so proud of you!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Thank you Heather for helping me when I got sick!
- Thank you Joan and Carol for EVERYTHING you super stars do!
- Thank you to Heather, Robyn, and Missy for an awesome day of literacy writing! You guys rock!
- I want to give a shout out to Kassie and Sandy for all their guidance on Pirate Week!
- Also, I wanted to shout out to Nicole Werner for her help with giving me ideas for supplies next year!
- Thank you Laure…for all you did for our Mother’s Tea!
- Thanks Aileen for the collaboration and willingness to share your amazing stuff!!!
- Thanks third grade for being such a great group to work with!!!! Really appreciate your willingness to share and support each other!
- A huge thank you to Mrs. Sochor and our Orton Gillingham program instructors, Cheri Tartaglione, Lori Kaszupski, and Carrie Owens for their dedication to see this cohort to fruition!
- Thanks for organizing the Mother’s Day Tea, Laure!
- Kassie- Thank you organizing another great trip to the aquarium! It was a great day!
News & Notes
End of Year (EoY) Data: See below for our EoY data due-dates. Please have everything submitted on time & review the "demographics" portion closely, as I will have to aggregate the information for the Superintendent by 6/1.
- 05/29: Math Benchmarks
- 06/08: DIBELS
Emergency Sub Plans: In the fall we will be keeping a file cabinet with emergency sub plans in the main office. I am asking that they are updated each trimester (to align with our essential questions). Start thinking about how you would like to organize this...I would love to hear your thoughts!
To the BSI & Special Areas Teams: My coaching block is during your lunch block this week. Anyone want to review Strategies for Writers, co-teach a lesson or just "chat & chew" about this week's edition of the Curriculum Corner? If so, lets get it on the calendar!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 06/04: Kindergarten visits Bullock
- 06/05: Gr3 visits Bowe
- 06/06: Field Day (Rain Date 6/7)
- 06/07: Faculty Meeting & Gr2 Treasure Hunt
- 06/08: CAST Meetings
- 06/12: CAST Meetings & Aesop's Bops Assembly
- 06/13: Gr3 Performance (9:00), BSI Meeting, 1:00 Dismissal
- 06/14: Special Area Teachers Meeting, 1:00 Dismissal
- 06/15: Last Day of School (1:00 Dismissal)