Eating Disorders and Overtraining
What is going on?
Anorexia: n. a serious physical and emotional illness in which an abnormal fear of being fat leads to very poor eating habits and dangerous weight loss.
Bulimia: n. a serious physical and emotional illness in which people and especially young women eat large amounts of food and then cause themselves to vomit in order to not gain weight.
Overtraining: n. training exceeding the body's recovery capacity, indicated by excessive fatigue both physical and mental, and resulting in impaired performance.
Did You Know?
- more than 200,000 victims per year in the US
- causes irregular menstruation
- slows growth
- causes depression and fear
- more than 3 million cases per year in the US
- causes self- harm, depression, and fear
- results in bad breath and bad oral hygiene
- can cause stomach ulcers
- causes protein deficiency
- the victim is constantly more stressed
- the victim may be prone to ore injuries
- causes depression