Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
Week of May 16 - May 20, 2016
TIER 3 MEETINGS ON MONDAY!!
We are back to our regularly scheduled days of learning, which include Eric and I getting back into classrooms and lunch duty:-) I have really missed being in classrooms!
WILD ABOUT LEARNING
In PLC we will talk about the APA data and what students are doing well on and what needs to be adjusted in the math snapshots and unit organizers.
3rd and 4th Grade Field Day is Friday
Since Patty and Heather will be at the track helping with Field Day, there will be no specials on Friday. K-2 teachers you can schedule in two recesses due to not having specials that day.
Please let me know if you have any questions:-)
End of Year Parties
- In order to get an accurate reading level, please follow all of the directions in the DRA manual or DRA Quick Reference sheet that Joanne sent out earlier.
- When you enter the data into Eduphoria, please enter the student's INDEPENDENT level (not Instructional or Frustrational level).
Thank you for your help in keeping the DRAs consistent and accurate! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask:-)
Student Placement Cards
Comal ISD Curriculum Feedback
Ocean Week is coming soon...
May 23-27, 2016
Opening Ceremony – Friday, May 20, 2016 at 1:45:
Possible ideas: 2nd Grade Reader’s Theatre; Hernandez will sing a Jellyfish song; Kinder sing, lay out, Animoto slide as classes come in
Hallways: Animal and research up, with no backdrops, by Wednesday, May 25th
Kinder: Habitat – Pond
1st Grade: Habitat – Rocky Seashore
2nd Grade: Habitat – Sandy Beach
3rd Grade: Habitat – Wetlands
4th Grade: Habitat – Kelp Forest
Monday – Touch Tanks for 3rd and 4th grade; Fish Rubbings for K-2 (in specials); 3rd grade dissection (mussels – Voisinet will pick up) (Jackson will come up with schedule for Touch Tanks – both days)
Tuesday – Touch Tanks for K-2nd; 3rd and 4th grade on Field Trip
Wednesday – Fishing/Casting for K-3; Dissections for 4th grade
Thursday – Bubbles for K-4 and Blubber (3rd grade and GT) (1st grade going on Field Trip) (Womack will come up with schedule)
Learning Showcase from 5:30-7:00 pm; Scavenger Hunt with seashells as a prize (Jackson will send out scavenger hunt questions)
Friday – Hawaiian Shirt Day and Closing ceremony
Closing ceremony is May 27, 2016 at 1:45 pm. Will include:
Slide show with pictures from the week. Performance by 1st grade. 2 students from each grade level who will give a brief description of what they learned during Ocean Week.
Pictures from the week emailed to Marie throughout the week
Spring Time Reminders
Still going to keep this in here until the end...
Spring has sprung, and we are in the home stretch, so let's end strong!
Teachers need to be spread out all over the playground during recess for optimal recess coverage. Please make sure that teachers are posted at the different locations that team leaders turned in to me at the beginning of the year.
Warmer weather means students are dressing in shorts, skirts and tank tops. Please make sure that you are enforcing the dress code with your students. Shorts/skirts must be fingertip length, and tank tops are permitted. Halter tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. If a student is out of dress code, please have them go to the nurse to change. I have put dress code reminders in the parent newsletter as well.
Learning is still occurring until 11:30 on June 2nd, so make sure that you are sticking to your regular schedule throughout the day. May is pretty packed with activities!
I know we may feel like this...
Weekly Attendance Goal
Getting closer to our goal:-)
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- May 16th - Tier 3 Meetings
- May 16th and 17th - Math Screeners (K-3)
- May 18th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Symphony
- May 20th - Field Day for 3rd and 4th Grades
- May 20th - Ocean Week Opening Ceremonies - 2:00 pm in cafeteria
- May 23rd - 27th - OCEAN WEEK 2016
- May 23rd - 27th - Class Placement during PLCs (all K-4 grades)
- May 24th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Inner Space Caverns
- May 24th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Balcones Canyonland
- May 26th - 1st Grade Field Trip to Crowe's Nest Farms
- May 26th - Learning Showcase, 5:30-7:00 pm
- May 27th - Grades are due
- May 27th - DRAs due in Eduphoria
- May 30th - Memorial Day Holiday, No School for Students and Staff
- June 1st - Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or pm Pre-K classes
- June 1st - 3rd Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am (Third Grade classes only)
- June 2nd - Last Day of School, Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or pm Pre-K classes
- June 2nd - Farewell Walk for 3rd and 4th Grade Students, 11:00 am
- June 2nd - Faculty vs. 4th Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am