Ms. Schmidt's News
What are we learning?
Reading: We will work on comparing and contrasting fictional stories.
Please encourage your child to read for at least 15 minutes every night!
Writing: We will continue to learn about personal narratives. The students will write their first discovery draft. We will focus on setting, characters, and events!
Math: We will focus on addition this week!
Science: We will learn about personal health. We will learn about skin, eyes, ear, and hair this week!
WIN: We will focus on rounding numbers!
From the Lyon Office
- Cub Care, Stripes 360 childcare, will be available on September 27th from 6:30am-6:30pm. Cost is $25 per student. All students must be registered by September 25th. For more information visit https://www.republicschools.org/Page/1144
- In case you missed it, here is a link, https://conta.cc/30cYfmn, to the recent newsletter sent home regarding PTO fun run next Friday!
- It’s time to begin sharing student progress with our families! This year elementary progress and grade reports will be distributed via email (like secondary students receive) instead of distributing printed copies. Please make sure you have an updated email on file with your child’s school office. The first progress report will be distributed on Friday, September 20. Students in 1st grade through 5th grade will receive their reports via email. However, kindergarten students will instead receive a hard copy in backpacks summarizing their progress from first quarter on September 20. As a reminder, the district utilizes the standards based grading system for elementary students. For details visit https://www.republicschools.org/sbg.
Lyon families, we are just a few days away from our big FUN RUN, which is happening this Friday! All day long, we'll have students running the track outdoors (weather permitting) and we'll be cheering them on. We are excited to celebrate all the students and families who have reached out to their friends and connections, far and near, asking for support for a great cause--Lyon Elementary! We'll be awarding prizes for top earning, top class participation, and more. We encourage you to finish strong as we enter this last week. Make sure you're registered and have shared the link to donate and support our cause. (Many more details can be found on our Lyon PTO Facebook page.) Thanks to each and every parent who has made this a winning fundraiser, already!
--Your Lyon PTO Fun Run Committee
This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I'll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you'll only see posts created by your child.
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/392-986-156
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
Thank you for supporting your child's learning!
P.S. If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the 'Sign in' tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.
- 86% of students in our class scored met or advanced on our Missouri Studies test!
- We are working hard on rounding this week during WIN Time.
- Our class has raised $217 for the Fun Run!
Scholastic Book Orders
Click on the link below if you would like to order from Scholastic. When you use our classroom code you are giving our class bonus points for free books!
SAVE THE DATE
September 27: No School