The Weekly Roar
August 14, 2023 - August 18, 2023
We had a great first week of school! Students were excited to be back on campus and I had the pleasure of meeting many new students and families. I enjoyed popping in to classrooms to see our students hard at work, playing at recess and talking with all the kids.
Fall Picture Day - Tuesday, August 15
Title I Parent Meeting; Cafeteria - Thursday, August 17 (5:00pm - 6:00pm)
Back to School Night; Classrooms - Thursday, August 17 (6:00pm - 7:00pm)
8th Grade Promotion Meeting; Cafeteria - Thursday, August 17 (7:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Mr. Sandoval
T- Trustworthy I- Inclusive G- Grateful E- Empathetic R- Respectful S- Self-Control
Student Emergency Cards
These are due no later than Friday, August 18th. These can be found in Aeries. Please print and sign this page and turn in to your child's first period teacher.
Important Dates / Upcoming Events
- 9/4 - No School (Labor Day)
Drop Off / Pick Up Procedures
Please follow the path to ensure our students are safe during drop off/pick up.
- report to the cafeteria between 7:30 and 8:00
- will report to the playground between 8:00 and 8:10
Class begins promptly at 8:15
- Please make sure that you pull all the way forward when in the right-hand pick-up line. If a car in front of you moves, please move forward. This helps make the car line run much smoother and efficiently. Thank you for understanding.
Attendance is Important!
Please email us at email@example.com if your student will be absent.
We recognize that some students may have some challenges with attendance or being on time to class. Attendance and being on time are key factors to success, both at school and in life. Let's work together to teach our students the importance of showing up and being on time to support their success!
Per the Student Handbook, the following are considered excused absences:
- Medical Appointment
- Funeral of Family Member
- To spend time with student's immediate family member who is an active duty member of the uniformed services
- Participation in religious exercise or to receive moral and religious instruction in accordance with district policy