Grant Family Newsletter
From the Desk of Principal Bolton
“KINDNESS IS SOMETHING ANYONE CAN GIVE WITHOUT LOSING ANYTHING THEMSELVES.”
Let's practice more of it!
My phone number is:510-317-3701 x3710
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Hard. Be Nice.
- Be respectful to each other. You do not have to be friends with another person to treat them with respect and dignity
- Keep hands, feet, and other objects to yourself. If there is conflict with another student-ask for help. If you don't get help from one adult, go to another adult. Do not hit, push, or use objects to hurt another person
- Words also matter and sometimes they hurt just as bad as physical aggression. Calling other scholars names, cursing, hurtful teasing, or gossiping about others is not ok.
- Bullying of any kind is unacceptable
The staff and I are addressing these behaviors as soon as we see or are informed about them. We are doing our best to contact you as soon as possible if your child is involved or impacted by behavior that does not reflect the Grant principles of Being responsible, respectful and safe. Please know that I personally take safety very seriously. We are addressing behaviors, giving reflection and correction time, communicating with families and having restorative conversations and restarts. WE NEED YOUR HELP
Everyone deserves and has a right to feel and be safe.
- Thursday, September 22nd and the 29th are minimum days-1:30 dismissal for teacher professional development
- Parent conference week is October 3-7th, your teacher will contact you regarding conference times
- Please do your best to arrive on time for arrival and dismissal. We do not have supervision before 8:15am or after 3:25pm
- Label all items with child's name in case they lose the item-e is a lost and found cart in the front of the school daily
- We are continuing on with free lunch for all scholars this year. Scholars are asked daily if they brought a lunch, or will they get school lunch. School lunch consists of usually a yogurt/vegetarian option or a hot menu item. All scholars who choose school lunch will also visit the salad bar.
- Remember to report absences. If your child is sick. Please let them stay home to rest and recover-Absence Line: 510-317-3799
Calendar Days-Mark the dates on your calendar- Please note this Thursday is a short day!
- Every Wednesday are shortened days. TK -5th grade gets released at 1:30
- This Thursday (9/22) and next Thursday (9/29) are shortened days. Scholars get released at 1:30. Please mark your calendars.
- Other shortened dates are ALL Wednesdays and the following dates: 8/18, 8/19, 8/22, 8/23, 9/22, 9/29, 10/3, 10/4, 10/6, 11/3, 11/17, 11/18, 12/1, 12/23, 1/24, 2/7, 2/21, 2/23, 2/24, 3/21, 4/7, 4/18, 5/26, 6/2, 6/5, 6/6
- The full calendar is here: https://gra.slzusd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1157165&type=d&pREC_ID=2334875
PTA and "Coffee" with Mrs. Bolton
Principal Bolton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: PTA and "Coffee" with Mrs. Bolton
Time: Sep 21, 2022 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 924 6872 6922
Thank you for your patience as we try to get your child into and out of school as fast and as safe as we can.
Raise Craze -Kindness Campaign-A message from our PTA
I'm excited to be supporting and collaborating with our PTA with our current fundraiser.
Here is a message from our PTA regarding our Acts of Kindness campaign:
RAISE CRAZE KINDNESS CAMPAIGN STARTS TODAY
Hello Grant School Community!!
Welcome to our biggest fundraiser and Kindness Campaign of the year - Raise Craze!! This is a unique way for us to raise money for our school while making an impact in our community. During this fundraiser, students ask friends and family for donations via the online Raise Craze platform while paying it forward by serving others. What a great way for us to teach our students the importance of kindness and gratitude while raising much needed funds. Students will spend time serving, not selling!
Registration Link (you'll have to highlight, copy and paste into your browser or type it out): my.raisecraze.com/AG4VPAJ
1. Enter your student’s name
2. Select at least 3 Acts of Kindness
3. Enter 5-10 email addresses of potential supporters. Raise Craze will send all emails, reminders and thank you notes. Emails will never be shared with third parties or used for marketing.
At A Glance:
Dates: September 16 - October 3
Our Goal: $15,000
Acts of Kindness goal: 1000
Funds Raised go towards:
*School community-building events (Fall and Winter Festivals, movie nights, STEM day, Teacher Appreciation, etc.)
*Supplies that benefit the entire school (like music, P.E. or recess equipment or the commercial-grade laminator that was just ordered)
*Field Trips (hopefully field trips will be back in full force this but we also have a school-wide "field trip" planned already!)
EVERY student can participate in Raise Craze by completing Acts of Kindness (AOKs) so we’re aiming for 100% participation.As a little encouragement, teachers will be recognizing AOKs (that can be counted towards their personal AOK goal) when they see students being kind! Also Each classroom will have a "kindness project" which counts towards each student's individual AOK (but will need to be recorded online by YOU their grown-up!)
Classes will be competing in two categories for most Acts of Kindness and Funds Raised...make sure to check out the leaderboard here (again, you'll have to highlight, copy and paste into your browser or type it out): https://my.raisecraze.com/leaderboard/for/AG4VPAJ/ to see who's in the lead!! There will also be individual prizes for all students who participate!! Prizes get better and better as students complete more and more AOKs and raise more and more funds!!
Please also send us your photos and videos of your Acts of Kindness to email@example.com or on our Facebook or Instagram accounts that you'd like to be shared on our social media accounts and yearbook!! It helps encourage others in their Acts of Kindness and helps us crowd fund!!
Kindness at Grant School Rocks!!
Grant School PTA