Senior Class News
MHBS Class of 2015; Volume 1: August 2014
Welcome to Senior Year!
You must've blinked because here we are at the beginning of SENIOR YEAR--a fast and furious year for your child and you! Throughout the year we will send three or four of these e-newsletters to update you on school--and especially senior--happenings. Please read all emails and Edline updates you get this year so you don't miss anything important.
We're looking forward to a great year. Please let us know how we can help you navigate this year.
Jeanne Foust & Joey Krieger
Senior Class Sponsors
Take Note of these dates!
- August 2: Senior Pictures (See schedule and information posted on bulletin board by office. You received this information in the spring at the senior meeting.). Boys wear white dress shirts. Girls, if you want pearls, bring them. Everything else provided. Bring your sitting fee cash or check. Questions? Call Mrs. Foust or Mrs. Chandler.
- August 7: 9 a.m., Pick up schedules, purchase parking spaces, etc. Line up on senior parking lot side of lobby. You will need $25 cash to pay for parking spots. If you haven't paid for your senior jersey yet, bring cash or a $45 check made out to MHBS. (Notice: You can't pay for parking spot and jersey with one check.). Also, remember two iPad forms and bring your Apple ID information if you plan to pick up your iPad.
- August 7: 3 p.m., Paint senior sign and bring window markers to paint cars. We will be at school for about an hour.
- August 10: 2 p.m., Prayer Service
- August 11: First Day of Senior Year, Balloon Release @ 3:10 p.m. on soccer/football field. (Parents Welcome; Bring Your Cameras)
- August 14: B2SB (Back to School Bash 2014): Be there to represent the senior class. Don't miss it.
- August 15: Meet the Panthers @ 5:30. Kick off a great year of Panther football.
- August 21: First Football Game @ Home
- August 22-24: Celebration Show Choir 2014
The BIG privilege for most seniors is off-campus lunch on Fridays. Seniors are allowed to leave campus at 11:40 and must return to campus by 12:40. Please read and understand these guidelines related to senior lunch:
- Each senior must have a signed Senior Lunch Permission Form on file before he or she can participate.
- Senior lunch happens only on Fridays in which we attend school all day.
- To be eligible for senior lunch privileges, a senior must attend 7:30 a.m. chapel in the band room. Students are NOT admitted late to senior chapel.
- Senior lunch is a privilege--not a right. It can be taken away from individual students or the entire class for misuse and/or abuse.
- Senior chapel is managed by the senior class sponsors; they are the ones to make the call about it.
The Cost(s) of Being a Senior
Based on last year's expenses, here are some costs related to senior year you might want to plan on: Senior Jersey ($40ish), Parking Space ($25), Senior Portraits (sitting fee); Campus Recognition ($50 for cap, gown, diploma + whatever announcements, invitations, etc. you choose to purchase); Yearbook ($65 if purchased early); Cap & Gown Class Picture ($14), Graduation Fee ($100). In addition, if you take a dual enrollment/early scholar class, usual fees apply. These expenses are scattered throughout the year, and they are not all required. But for the planners out there, we just thought you might like to have a "heads up." Contact us if you have any questions.
Meet your senior class officers
President Ellen Davenport
Vice-President Ethan Smith
Secretary Emma Paine
Treasurer Arden Rose