NBPS Technology Newsletter
September is the month to say Welcome Back!
Staff Corner Website
Also, each month you will receive a newsletter just like this one, highlighting new updates, subscription information, and student/teacher artifacts. Good luck everyone on the new school year!
Google Meet Updates!
Turn Host Management on or off
- In a meeting, tap the screen Menu Meeting safety.
- Switch on Host Management.
Add or remove a co-host
- In a meeting, tap the screen.
- At the top left, tap the meeting name.
- From the “People” tab, find or search the participant’s name.
- Next to their name, look for the three vertical dots, tap Menu Add as co-host.
Important Things To Remember From Google:
- For a meeting participant to become a co-host, they must be in the meeting.
- Co-hosts can turn Host Management off. Only the main host can re-enable Host Management for all other hosts.
- Participants can't be appointed or removed as co-hosts from Breakout Rooms. Participants must return to the main room to be granted hosting privileges.
- Only the main host receives meeting info, like attendance reports or polling details, but can share meeting info with other co-hosts.
- Host Management settings are saved for any recurring meetings or meetings that re-use the same meeting code. Appointed co-hosts will need to be re-appointed for any recurring meetings.
PDF Reader OribitDoc from Read & write
Please, watch the video attached on the updated version of the PDF Reader now called OrbitDoc from our district subscription with Read & Write.
With the PDF Reader you can:
- can share PDF's with Google Classrooms right from the document.
- annotate any PDF by adding text, freehand drawing, shapes
- highlight any pdf and collect highlights in a separate document
- highlight and create vocabulary lists
- leave comments and feedback, in which students can reply
- use text to speech and the screenshot reader to hear the PDF being read to you
- use speech to text to annotate or to leave comments
- can now use the equatiO toolbar along with the PDF Reader
Communication through Talking Points!
Paint On Your Screen using Web Paint!
Watch the video below to get trained on how to use it.
Click On The Icons To Get A Sneak Peak Into Some of our Subscriptions....
Scholastic Literacy Pro
New subscription that gives students access in K-8 to thousands of e-Books that is accessed online.
New subscription that provides a virtual platform for manipulatives such as linking cubes, fraction blocks, pattern blocks, etc.
New subscription that enables all staff and students access to record their own videos.