Patriot Notes 4/17-4/28
Home of the Patriot Lions
Patriot Elementary Mission:
“For every student to become a lifelong learner and a confident, productive member of society by providing an engaging, safe, and supportive academic community.”
A Note from the Principal...
Dear Patriot Families,
We are so proud of the "effort" our students displayed during state testing. We will continue our last day on Monday for third grade math and complete make-ups the rest of the week. On Friday, we are excited to have a "helicopter" fly by during dismissal. Be on the look out for the event!
We are anticipating the "power outage" to occur at 1:30 on 4/26. Please DO NOT plan to pick up your child early due to the power outage so we avoid a mass "pick-up". We will dismiss AS USUAL on this day and teachers are planning activities in the classroom to support not having power. The building has emergency lighting and we are prepared and ready.
Please know it is always our desire to keep you informed of all events happening at Patriot and even, when appropriate, share the many celebrations that we see in our classrooms daily. One great way to stay connected and find school and district resources is on our Patriot website (https://www.ffc8.org/Patriot. ) We also like to share events of the day through social media, we can be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PatriotElementaryFFC8.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever need to connect with a teacher or administrator, we are here to partner with you to ensure a successful year for your child.
Mrs. Sheridan and Mrs. Polyefko
Patriot Assistant Principals
Upcoming Patriot Dates:
4/26 – District Art Show
4/27 – Pancakes with the Principals
4/27 - 4th Grade Ukulele Concert 4:00; Poms Showcase 3:00
4/28 – PD Day – No students
5/1 – No School
5/3 - Third Grade Ukulele 4:00
5/2-5/5 – Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
5/10 - 4th grade Choir/Ukulele concert
5/11 - Patriot's Got Talent 8:00 and 1:00 (school) and 5:00 (families)
5/12 – Field Day
5/18 - BBQ and STEAM Night
5/19 – Pancakes with the Principals; 4th grade on a field trip
5/22 – 5/26 – EOY Class Parties
5/24 – Kindergarten Promotion 8-9:00 am
5/25 – 8-9:00 5th grade promotion
5/26 – LAST DAY – Early Dismissal 11:30
Please do not park and get out of the car in the front drive through lanes between 7:00am - 7:30am.
Kindergarten parents - Mark your Calendars.
POMS CLINIC- Register Here-Link: https://signup.com/go/ZuccjLM
Register for SUMMER SCHOOL- April 17th!
Does your family need additional support?
“Change Happens… such as loss of housing, homelessness, job and need for resources. If this is you please reach out to your District Liaison. There are a number of resources including school pantry, clothes closet, HOT meals program, parent resource nights and much more. We are here to support you! Contact Promis Bruno, MSW 719-492-8810 or email@example.com.”
“El cambio sucede… como la pérdida de la vivienda, la falta de vivienda, el trabajo y la necesidad de recursos. Si es usted, comuníquese con el enlace de su distrito. Hay una serie de recursos que incluyen despensa escolar, armario de ropa, programa de comidas calientes, noches de recursos para padres y mucho más. ¡Estamos aquí para apoyarte! Póngase en contacto con Promis Bruno, MSW 719-492-8810 o firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Patriot Essential Skills:
K-2 – EFFORT - I can ask for help.
3-5 –EFFORT - can put forth my best effort.
PATRIOT LIONS ARE WORKING ON SHOWING THEIR BEST EFFORT!
ELECTRONIC LIBRARY CARDS:
We are excited to announce that as of Mon., Sept. 19, through a partnership with Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) your child now has access to all the materials available at the Library by using their Student I.D. with a new program called PowerPass! All students in FFC8 are automatically enrolled in PowerPass.
What is PowerPass?
PowerPass is a student e-library card from PPLD that gives your child access to the Pikes Peak Library District’s online resources like homework help and live tutoring. They can also access eBooks, music, movie downloads, and much more!
Your child will be able to check out five (5) physical items at a time from any of the 15 PPLD locations and mobile library services. Just visit ppld.org/library-locations to find the location near you.
Below are instructions about how to access and check out PPLD’s resources using the PowerPass:
1) The student’s login will be FFC8 [student ID #].
a) For a student with the ID # of 12345, their login would be FFC812345.
2) The student’s pin number will be their student ID#.
a) For a student whose student ID # is 12345, the pin number would be 12345.
All students are encouraged to use their PowerPass for projects, school assignments, homework, and fun! Just go to ppld.org or visit our eLibrary (ppld.org/eLibrary), PPLD Teens (ppld.org/teens), or PPLDKids (ppld.org/kids). Once you have found the items you want, click on My Account, and use the instructions above to login and check out your items.
For more information about what is available to your child, please visit ppld.org/PowerPass.
In need of additional support?
Change Happens… such as loss of housing, homelessness, job and need for resources. If this is you please reach out to your District Liaison. There are a number of resources including school pantry, clothes closet, HOT meals program, parent resource nights and much more. We are here to support you! Contact Promis Bruno, MSW 719-492-8810 or email@example.com.
El cambio sucede… como la pérdida de la vivienda, la falta de vivienda, el trabajo y la necesidad de recursos. Si es usted, comuníquese con el enlace de su distrito. Hay una serie de recursos que incluyen despensa escolar, armario de ropa, programa de comidas calientes, noches de recursos para padres y mucho más. ¡Estamos aquí para apoyarte! Póngase en contacto con Promis Bruno, MSW 719-492-8810 0 firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTRY TIME FOR STUDENTS:
Patriot Office Hours: 7:00-3:30
Patriot Breakfast Served: 7:00-7:25 (In cafeteria)
Students having breakfast may enter at 7:00 and go directly to the cafeteria.
Patriot School Hours: 7:10-2:25
Students will be allowed in the building at 7:10am (unless eating breakfast)
Tardy bell rings at 7:30
FILL OUT THE FORM FOR FREE/REDUCED LUNCH:
Just a reminder meals will be charged this year based on your Free, Reduced, and Paid status. We encourage ALL families to apply for the Free and Reduced meal program.
Please ensure you have completed that form
Breakfast fees this year are $1.35
Lunch fees this year are $2.60
We support our Army!
FFC8 Food Pantry Information
4th and 5th Grade Student Chromebooks:
Just a reminder that all 4th and 5th students will be assessed an annual laptop fee of $40 for the first child and $20 for each sibling.
Patriot is a Title I School.
Under the provisions for Title I all teachers serving students must meet the qualifications for “Highly Qualified” as an elementary educator. We are proud to inform you that all teachers at Patriot Elementary meet these rigorous standards. As a parent you have a right to inquire about the qualifications of your child’s teacher or paraprofessional. In order to do so you should contact Mr. Joel Hamilton at (719) 382-1300. He will be able to provide you with this information. If you have any additional questions about our Title I status or programming, please feel free to contact Mrs. Canon, Principal at 719-382-1460.
Patriot's Drop Off and Pick Up Information:
- For safety reasons, please do not drop off any students prior to 7:10am. We begin active supervision starting at 7:10am.
- Parents are asked to not exit their vehicle in order to keep the line moving as quickly as possible.
- Please observe speed limit and be cautious of students in the cross walks.
- Kindergarten, 1st Graders, and students riding a bus will be dropped off in the front of the building by the kindergarten wing, small drive thru; Students will be assisted out of their cars, directed to the kindergarten side door, and will be supervised as they proceed to their classrooms and down the hallway. *Siblings of kindergarten/first grade students will be allowed to enter with them at this location.
- Daycare students will be escorted to school by the daycare.
- 2nd and 3rd grade – Drop off in back parking lot; enter in door by the gym and proceed to classroom
- 4th and 5th grades – Drop off in back; enter 4/5 back door and proceed to classroom
- Students arriving after the tardy bell (7:30), must enter through the front door to get a tardy slip prior to going to class.
- All walkers will enter the door assigned to their grade level. Siblings of kindergarten students may enter the kindergarten entrance with their sibling and proceed through the building to his/her classroom.
- Students do have the option of having breakfast when they arrive. If a student plans to have breakfast each morning, he/she must arrive between 7:00-7:15am and head directly to the cafeteria.
- Dismissal is a quick process in order to ensure safety for all. If you have questions you need to ask your teacher, please do so via email.
- Parents are asked to not leave their vehicle and to wait patiently in the car pick-up line. Cars will line up in the front of the school. Please do not block any crosswalks.
- Kindergarten students will be released in the front kindergarten drive thru.
- If a kindergartner has an older sibling, they will meet supervised on the back asphalt until the sibling picks him/her up and they will proceed to the OLDEST sibling’s color flag.
- Parents will not be allowed on the back asphalt, we ask all adults/family members picking up students to wait outside our gate/fence.
- If students are walkers, they need to immediately start walking home. They will meet all siblings on the back asphalt prior to walking home.
- If parents would like to walk up to the school and pick-up their children, please park in the front parking lot and walk down the sidewalk to the back fence.
Need Homework Help? Military Tutor - All Students Invited
All students grades 3 -5 were trained on a tutor/homework help site to visit. Students can log in to the site (tutor.com/military) and receive tutoring on homework. The interactive online clasroom features a whiteboard, easy to use tools, and instant messaging. Active duty service members, their grades K-12 children may use this program for FREE. A student can connect with a tutor within minutes.
Tutor.com/military is funded by the U.S. Department of Defense to provide on-demand online tutoring at no cost. Visit the website to watch the "How it Works" video.