The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
11.17.14 - Monday
11.18.14 - Tuesday
11.19.14 - Wednesday
- Picture Re-take Day
11.20.14 - Thursday
- SB Parent Academy - Success vs. Stress: Balancing Successful Work/School/Family Lives 7pm - 8:30pm @ Crossroads North
11.21.14 - Friday
- 1st Grade Field Trip
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Welcome back!! This was another short week, yet we were thrilled to have the children back and learning.
On Monday, staff spent time learning about Dyslexia and Differentiated Instruction. It is always wonderful to continue our professional learning, which will ultimately benefit the children. Thank you for all that you did to rearrange schedules to allow for this valuable learning time.
Tonight, Friday, November 14th, is our first ever VENDOR NIGHT and Children's Holiday Shop. The Holiday Shop will only take place on this night. Please stop by the gymnasium any time between 7:30pm and 9:00pm. Thank you to the PTO for coordinating this opportunity.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mrs. Capes :)
~ PTO NEWS ~
VENDOR NIGHT/HOLIDAY SHOP - TONIGHT!!!
Thursday, Nov. 13th, 7-9:30pm
35 Cambridge Rd
South Brunswick Township, NJ
WINTER FOOD DRIVE!
We will be collecting cake mixes, brownie mixes, muffin mixes, icing/frosting, pie crusts, fruit filling and food certificates from November 14, 2014 to December 12, 2014.
Our first cycle of clubs will be coming to an end. All of our clubs run on a 6 week cycle. Due to an error reading the district calendar, there were a few errors will ending dates.
Mrs. O'Brien sent e-mails out to the parents with corrections to ending dates for the following programs: K/1 Super Science, Stock Market Game Club- Tuesday Group and 4/5 Super Science.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE (if there was a change):
K/1 Super Science- Tuesday, 11/25
2/3 Super Science- (No Change) 12/3
4/5 Super Science- Thursday, 11/20
The Stock Market Game Club- Tuesday Group, 12/2 (will not meet on Tuesday, 11/25)
The Sock Market Game Club- Wednesday Group (NO CHANGE), 12/3
Thank you for your participation. A new round of club forms for the next cycle of clubs (except Cougar Studios) will come home today! Please return by Wednesday, December 17th if your child wishes to participate!
The PTO has organized a CLOTHING DRIVE. We are collecting clothes until December 12th.
We are collecting:
- Gently used clothes of all sizes, shoes, sandals, sneakers, boots, belts, ties, sweaters, vests, blouses, dresses, robes, curtains, blankets, sheets, pillowcases, towels, linens, tablecloths, handbags, purses, wallets, backpacks, uniforms, cleats.
- Please pack items in tightly tied bags.
- NO toys/stuffed animals, books or home goods/furnishings.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Danielle Barrows, 908-296-5539, email@example.com
The collection will be weighed and Cambridge will receive funds based on the total price per pound. All donations will help “Give Back” and be sent to low income families and thrift shops around the country.
From the Health Office
10 Steps to Your Healthiest School Year Ever!
- Get back on schedule. It’s difficult to give up the summer schedule but it’s important to re-establish a reasonable bed time. Start a regular meal time schedule too.
- Start off strong with a healthy breakfast. A good breakfast provides energy and will help keep you alert and attentive in class. Highly sugared foods leave you feeling tired soon after eating. School performance is related to what you eat.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is the best fluid to stay hydrated without the added sugar found in some juices and soft drinks. Remember to also drink the recommended amount of milk.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands often. Keep hands away from the face, mouth, and nose where germs can enter your body.
- Boost your immune system. Get plenty of sleep, eat colorful fruits and vegetables every day and wash your hands often.
- Eat a nutritious and yummy lunch. Choose foods from all the food groups. Different food groups supply the body with energy to think, move and grow.
- Cut back on sugar and salty snacks. Limit soda, sport drinks, candy, chips and ice cream-they add on extra calories, can harm your teeth and leave you feeling weak and tired.
- Enhance your brain performance. Exercise, play memory games, do puzzles, and eat brain foods like berries, cold water fish and nuts. Just say “NO” to fast food and enjoy a home cooked meal with your family at least 4 nights a week.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day-at recess and at home. Go for a daily walk with a parent, a friend or your pet. Exercise helps the body be strong, flexible, and resilient.
- Turn off the TV and video games at least one hour prior to bedtime. Take time to relax, take a bath or shower, brush your teeth and pack up for the morning.
Dawn Guidice, School Nurse
- November 14th - PTO EVENT - Vendor Night/Holiday Shop
- November 26th - EARLY RELEASE - Thanksgiving
- November 27th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- November 28th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- December 5th - PTO EVENT - BINGO NIGHT - 7pm
- December 23rd - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
- December 24th - January 4th - Winter Break