The Wonderful Whales
Miss Vananzo's Amazing Team: News for the Week of Sept. 28
News from Room 25.
Swimming Through a Great Week! We...
- read and spelled words with the magic "e". We learned a short poem that we recited as we changed a short "a" word in to a long "a" word using the magic "e" ...."That magic "e", that magic "e" It changes so many words you see. example: pin and pine
- learned about the 4 types of sentences: asking, telling, command and exclamation
- read the story: Help: A Story of Friendship: and we answered the essential question: How do friends depend on each other?
- As mathematicians we.....
- had our first Pocket Day. The students estimated, counted, and compared the number of pockets we were wearing in class today. The data was charted and we will keep a running record. We will do this activity several times during the school year. The students just loved this.
- worked on fluency with math facts, the students played: Plus 1 and Plus 2 Bingo.
- continued to compare and contrast numbers using <, > and =.
Ocean of Events
- September 29: Red Cross Blood Drive
- Wednesday, October 7: Picture Day: Class and Individual Pictures
Coat, Boot, Sweater and Halloween Costume donation drive starts this Thursday.
Place new or gently used items in the yellow bin in the JES Lobby Oct. 1st-15th for Hawthorne Elementary students
Fri., Oct. 16th: SCHOOLS CLOSED for students
Catch of the Week
- Since the air conditioning is on in our classroom can be cold at times. Please allow your Wonderful Whale to bring in a sweater/sweatshirt to keep in their locker.
- Thank you for your continued support with homework assignments.
- For Technology Tuesday, I will place a form in your child's folder that will have the Spelling City link and a link to a math website.
LIbrary Books are Due on Wednesday
Gym: Monday and Friday
September Reading Calendar
Please continue to sign your child's folder for the next three days of Sept. Oct. 1 we will begin a new reading program titled: Dive into Reading. Information about this program will be in your child's folder one day this week.
This is a wonderful website for review of our weekly spelling words. The students can play games and take practice spelling tests. Please follow these directions to find our lists.
2. On the home page click the SEARCH TAB
3. Then click, Teacher/Parent
4. Type: Vananzo in the search box. Then click search.
5. Then click on my name.
6. The weekly spelling lists will appear.
Sea Star of the Week
Beginning next week, we are going to choose one of our teammates as our "Sea Star of the Week." This teammates will share information about themselves by completing a poster with a picture of a backpack titled: "Stuffed with Information About Me." The Wonderful Whale will also use a drawstring bag to bring in items from home that tell about them. When your child is selected as Sea Star of the Week, the information needed will be sent home the Friday before their turn.
Then, each child will be showcased on our weekly newsletter sharing some of their favorite things.