Elizabeth and Jessica (:
Definition of Monarchy
A system of government in which a single ruler exercises supreme power based on heredity or divine right.
About a Monarchy:
- One of the oldest forms of government and is still found in Modern day government.
- They go by names such as King, Queen, Sultan, Emperor, and Amir.
- Inherit power and expect to rule for life
Monarchy in England
Pros and Cons
• efficient way of carrying out decisions
• clear line of succession• loyalty to monarch as unifying power
• quality of leadership can vary
dramatically from one generation to
• job of running modern nation-state
has become too big for any but the
most exceptional monarchs to do well