Cordelia Hills Staff Update
Glows: Thank you to those that shared some of the special things they are doing to make distance learning exciting. Mrs. O took her kids on a virtual field trip to Philadelphia for Constitution Day, Mrs Gill took the kids on a virtual field trip to the Seattle Aquarium, and Mrs. Chun-Remick hosted two digital breakout sessions (they broke out). A special shout out to those teachers who have really made "clear communication" a priority. As one example, Dino gives a "Week in Review, Week at a Glance, Final Thought" to his parents/students. I believe it gives a great recap. Thanks!
Grows: Many of us have had conversations about the difficultly of the synchronous instruction, especially when we need parent support but also are navigating some very critical parent voices when we are working really hard. Thank you for taking the time to help parents negotiate this all and for be flexible and reflective with your practices.
"During this reporting period students engaged in distance learning with instruction being delivered 100% online."
*** parents must go in through illuminate to access the progress reports. Sandi is sending letters home with the codes needed to register for our new students and any families who have not registered as of yet.***
Lastly, PRs are available to parents on October 5th.
Please email me soon as any funds not used by our teachers will be moved to contracts with outside tutoring companies. I would prefer to see our staff working with our students, when possible.
1. Put your absence in absence management. Notify me and the main office that you are going to be absent.
2. Make sure you have your daily schedule updated, including in the sub notes, and emailed to us when you are out.
3. You should push out the asynchronous work out. The sub is responsible for synchronous time including taking attendance, checking in with students, providing support, and hosting lessons (when/where appropriate).
4. Please cancel office hours for the day.
We know EMERGENCIES can/will happen and you may not have time to do all the prep work needed to prepare for a sub during an emergency.
Please start preparing an Emergency SLIDE DECK which includes your Synchronous Google Meet Codes and your schedule. The easiest way may be to create a slide for each 1/2 hour instructional block with the needed information. You could use this for a template for when you are preparing for a planned sub that is NOT an emergency too:)
When you have completed emergency Slide Deck - please share it with me
Congratulations to those teachers who participated in the competition this week! Prizes are on the way.
Hosting a Virtual Field Trip, Guest Speaker, Museum Tour, Trip to Space?!
Let me know and invite me to join!
1. Set up a special or unique Virtual Experience for your class.
2. Invite me to your Virtual Learning Experience
3. Win Prizes!
No pressure. I am just looking for unique or special ways to amp up the excitement of virtual learning and community building.
Chromebook Distribution/Chromebook Repairs/HOT SPOTS
CB distribution Is still underway to new families. Email MailyW@fsusd.org or have families email her. She will arrange a time for pick-up. Some families are using their own and that is okay. Originally, we thought MAP would have to take place on a District device but we now know that isn't true. Chromebook or Laptop are preferred over an iPad.
We are experiencing a large number of Chromebook breaks with the ones newly delivered by TSS. Have families fill this form out: https://forms.gle/TtGPwfx5wcbHiH4G6 Maily will receive the form and will arrange a time for pick-up/repair.
If a family needs internet support, one option is a hotspot. If you have a family that needs a hotspot, please email me We are closing in on the end of current hotspot capacity but I will add names to the distribution I currently have requests from several of you but am waiting on the actual hotspots to be delivered so thank you for the patience!
- Mandated Reporter via Target Solutions
- Coronavirus 101: What You Need to Know via Target Solutions
- Basic Pest Management in Office/Classroom via California Department of Pesticide Regulation **This is only required if you would like to use sanitizing/disinfecting spray/wipes in your work area.
There will be time on the first workday but I know some of you would rather just get them done now. You don't need to alert me to their completion as the system tracks that. I would keep a certificate or screenshot in case someone doesn't believe you finished them.
Site Safety Protocols
2. Please complete the self-screener before coming in to campus. You don't need to submit the screener each time. Please notify me if you are ill.
3. All staff must wear a mask at all times while working at their work stations or in classrooms with others. A mask must be worn by classified staff even when they are socially distanced. Staff who is working alone in a room or building may take their mask off.
4. While staff are working and having conversations with one another, ensure they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing and are wearing a mask.
5. Staff Lounge may be used to warm up food or to store food (currently). Please wear a mask and distance in the lounge.
6. Please contact the office before entering.
7. The staff workroom is accessible but please wear a mask and remember to distance.