St. Barnabas Elementary School
Just a few reminders..
- Re-registration for current/returning families to Saint Barnabas for the 2022 - 2023 school year will begin on January 31st. More information will be sent to parents on Monday.
- Catholic Schools Week will begin on January 31st! Please see the attachment below for an important letter and schedule of events.
Monday - 'Souper Bowl' Collection Begins! Sports Attire Dress Down for ALL students.
Tuesday- Superhero Day! This is a themed dress down for ALL students.
Wednesday - Silly Sock, Hat or Tie Day! Donate a pair of new socks, gloves or hats to be donated to our local homeless shelter.
8th Grade vs. Staff Basketball Game at 2PM. A livestream link will be shared with parents.
Thursday - Student Choice Dress Down Day! No Homework Day for ALL students!
Friday - School Spirit Dress Down Day! 'Souper' Bowl Collection ends. Winning class will earn a pizza lunch and dress down day.
- Please see the attached flyer below for a Kindergarten Readiness presentation that will be held via Zoom on February 3rd.
- As the 2nd quarter is rapidly coming to an end, please be sure that tuition and end of quarter balances are paid and up to date. Report cards will not be distributed if there are outstanding balances. Correspondence to affected families has already been sent by Ms. Castro - Cruz via backpack.
- PK parents should scroll down to access the weekly newsletter for their child's class, February lunch menu, and a parent/child activity calendar for January. A flyer for the Caregiver Session being held on February 15th is attached as well.
As the COVID vaccine has now become readily available for children ages 5 to 11, we would ask that you use the following link to record your child's vaccination record. While you are not obligated to share your child's vaccination status, this information will help us move forward with potential larger gatherings, contact tracing and even lunch in the cafeteria. Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our community and school safe.
As the weather becomes colder, students are invited to dress in their gym uniform/spirit wear on non-gym days. A link to the spirit/ uniform shop can be found here: https://www.liebmansuniforms.com/ecommerce/sbs/st.-barnabas-spirit-store.html
Should you need to reach me for anything, please email me at email@example.com or call (718) 324-1088.
4th - 11:30AM Dismissal, K-8 ONLY, After School in Session.
11th - K-8 Report Cards will be released.
If your child is going to be absent, please contact the teacher and the main office directly. All PK absences should be reported to our UPK admin, Mrs. Rivera, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete list of all teachers and their email addresses, should you need them, can be found on the school website.
Reporting a Positive COVID Case
Should your child test positive for COVID or have to be quarantined due to exposure within the home, teachers will make work available via Google Classroom.
Ms. Natalia Castro-Cruz: email@example.com
Ms. Lauren Iorio: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Weekly Health Screening
Each week you will be required to complete the Weekly Health Self-Screening Google Form on behalf of your child(ren) before entering the school building Monday mornings.
Surveys should be completed Sunday evening or Monday mornings by 7am.
Please click the photo above to access the newsletters for the week of January 24th.
Follow Us On Social Media
St. Barnabas Elementary School
Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success. In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.